ABC's Super Nanny...

millerscow

PF Regular
Nov 10, 2008
Texas
:confused:What ya think? Have ya watched it? If you have--did it help ya any with any trouble spots? Have ya ever tried some of the tips?
What ya think???!!!!???:D

Dadu2004

PF Visionary
May 16, 2008
Cleveland, OH
I think there may be some good tips in there, but it's not as great as what the TV shows. The magic of Hollywood scene cutting and blending makes all of her strategies look like they're perfect. Take what you can from the show, but remember that for them it's about making money, not offering parenting tips.

NinJaBob

PF Addict
Sep 29, 2008
Ohio
I always wipe my brow and thank god that my kids are nothing like those kids. As far as the advice is concerned we learned how to do a proper timeout before that it's like Jeff Foxworthy said my dad would take "time out" of his busy day top whip my butt.

Aunt

PF Fanatic
Nov 4, 2007
I like it. particularly her approach to older kids. zThere are no miracles in parenting but her tips are practical and no nonsense & she shows that you can be firm without corporal punishment

bssage

Super Moderator
Oct 20, 2008
Iowa
This is going to sound bad but. I am more likely to use the tips from "Dog whisperer" Calm assertive energy, dont reward bad energy, be the pack leader, correct the unwanted behaviour before it has a chance to esculate, ect. ............ ............. Is that bad?

daphdaph

Banned
Nov 24, 2008
The nanny I found on *mod removed link* told me that the stuff from Super Nanny really works on the kids that she babysits! She's great, so I suppose it really does work!

-Daph

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
bssage said:
This is going to sound bad but. I am more likely to use the tips from "Dog whisperer" Calm assertive energy, dont reward bad energy, be the pack leader, correct the unwanted behaviour before it has a chance to esculate, ect. ............ ............. Is that bad?
nope doesn't sound bad to me, I actually agree with you :)

Jessie

PF Enthusiast
Sep 12, 2008
PhilBilly said:
I always wipe my brow and thank god that my kids are nothing like those kids.
Oh gosh, me too!
I only watched a couple of episodes one night and that was enough for me. All the screaming and yelling (not just the kids either, some of the parents were really bad) just drove me batty.

AmyBelle

PF Fiend
Apr 20, 2008
Australia
Theres one episode, I cant remmeber if it was fram when she wasn in England or America and it was pretty mcuh the mum having to learn things, not the kids. She was so anal about her twins matching and they hated it, and she cracked it at the dad because he put cargo pants with a white shirt, and apparently that looked horrid because they werent bought in a set.

Pinkbook

Oct 12, 2008
What bothers me about this show is the parents. :realmad: How in the world do you reach that point? My god! :speechrawrrrrr: Some of the kids are just spoiled brats and the parents just let them be just because they don't have the hearts to be 'mean'. Guess what? The rode to hell is paved with good intentions. Stop feeling sorry for them and be for once a parent.