About to lose everything........

button611

PF Enthusiast
Feb 14, 2008
In the last few months my husband took a new job as an electrician-he is an apprentice now but working to become one with on the job training and 1 night a week of school. It meant that he had to take a $2/hr. pay cut, but in the end he will be making way more money than we ever thought-but it will take years to get there. In the meantime, we are slowly falling behind on all of our bills, and I am afraid that we are going to lose everything here in another month or so. We have budgeted down to where we spend nothing at all but our bills, but I am just not sure what else we can do. We are also being sued by the hospital where Bailey was born, because we have not had enough money to pay them either. I am soo sick to my stomach thinking we are going to lose everything, and the worst part is I feel like we have failed Bailey in all this if we cannot even provide her the things in life she needs. I guess I am just not sure what else we can do, I already work overtime and he is working too, but we just cannot make ends meet. Sorry this is soo long, but I had to get it off my chest.

Dadu2004

PF Visionary
May 16, 2008
Cleveland, OH
Can you cut out any "frills" temporarily until the income starts getting better? Also, have you considered bankrputcy? I declared bankruptcy...it's not as bad as everyone thinks, and it doesn't ruin your credit forever like the misconception is.

1dayatatime

PF Addict
Oct 3, 2007
AZ
Those are both excellent suggestion. Even though it sucks sometimes we have to take a few steps back to begin again more successfully. I'm sure you are able to give your child all they NEED. Love, food, shelter, Love. It's just VERY difficult to not be able to do/get all you WANT for your precious child. Failure gives you the oppurtunity to begin again more successfully.

AnKsMommy

PF Fanatic
Dec 17, 2007
Japan
I hate the way the economy is going right now...it is making it hard for the middle class families to succeed, even with two working adults.

Like everyone else, I think that cutting out the frills is the best way to go, but it sounds like you've already done that. What about cell phone bills, internet? I know it sounds rough...but it is something we have to do sometimes.

Have you looked in to the energy saving ideas they have online? Do you have wic or food stamps you can apply for?

Don't be too ashamed to file for bankruptcy if you need too.

hwnorth

PF Fanatic
Mar 13, 2008
Courtenay BC Canada
Above everything... keep in mind ... that almost EVERY millionaire has been bankrupt at least once .. and in most cases several times before they made their fortune ;)

Music-dad

PF Addict
Apr 22, 2008
Right here. Right now.
Hang in there...my brother did the same thing about 3 years ago...after his apprenticeship, he opened his own electric company. Last weekend we were at the cottage and he showed me 2 things...1) A cheque for $115,000, from an apartment building rewiring job. and 2) An accepted quote for $12,000,000 for electrical work on a new condominium complex.

oh, and he drove up in his brand new $56,000 truck....sweet.

I hope the same happens for you guys...I've never seen him happier.