Accents...

Jeremy+3

PF Addict
Apr 18, 2009
Nottinghamshire
Someone sent me this video today, the English accents (e.g. ones from the UK) were perfect, as is the Nigerian accent! I wouldn't listen to it around your children though, as it is spoken by someone from London there is a lot of casual swearing. The American ones and the Aus accent are pretty rubbish though.

<YOUTUBE id="dABo_DCIdpM" url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dABo_DCIdpM&amp;feature=player_embedded">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dABo_DCIdpM&amp;feature=player_embedded</YOUTUBE>

Jeremy+3

PF Addict
Apr 18, 2009
Nottinghamshire
I would also like to point out that I don't have any of those British accents, I'm a mix between North Wales and Lincolnshire, and he didn't do any of those two.

DruidMom

PF Enthusiast
Oct 19, 2010
Slinger, WI
I have what might be considered a bit of a Canadian-ish accent because I live so far North in the USA. My husband, on the other hand, has that very southern American accent.

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Wow that was really random Jeremy lol. I can't believe I just watched that whole thing. He was pretty good, the only one I thought was kind of off was the NY accent. The original American accent sounded pretty good though that's what all of us Pennsylvanians pretty much sound like lol. ALTHOUGH I have to leave Pittsburgh out of that general statement, because they have an accent of their own for some reason. o__O Southern accent was funny haha.

Anyway, again, that was random. :p

singledad

PF Addict
Oct 26, 2009
South Africa
LOL, that's pretty cool. He's pretty good, I think.

I have to say though, we have quite a variety of accents here, but none of them sounds anything like the one he does. :rolleyes:

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
I thought the American ones were pretty good. Like Xero said the first one was pretty good. The NY one was pretty thick NY/NJ italian ( a real sterotypical movie NY'er accent) the southern one was good, maybe a little over the top (and a little too understnable to be true redneck)

that was fun

Venezia

PF Enthusiast
Nov 11, 2010
Northampton, UK
Jeremy+3 said:
I would also like to point out that I don't have any of those British accents, I'm a mix between North Wales and Lincolnshire, and he didn't do any of those two.
I also don't have any of those accents, although technically I speak with what is generally termed 'home counties' or RP accent (s'well proper innit!). I did grin quite a bit at his 'upper-class, annoying stereotype' one because it wasn't a million miles away from my MIL!!

I wasn't sure whether to be amused by the amount of swearing, or dismayed at the stereotyping! However, I must admit, I got bored halfway through and switched off (hey, I've just finished work, it's been a long day!)! :tongue:

stjohnjulie

PF Addict
Aug 9, 2010
St. John, VI
Finally remembered to watch it! Hard to do when you get up at 2am, can't wake anyone up, and don't really want you kid listening to it. Lot's O Swearing! I was really hoping for a West Indian accent in there! I might have to do my own video. The accent here is strange....took me a looooong time to understand what the heck people were saying. Funny video though. He's got a knack for it.