Acting Classes for Kids...

andysaludo2011

Feb 12, 2016
California
Hi Everyone,

I have a son who loves to sing and act on stage. He is very active in his school's kids' theater activities and I can see his passion in doing this, I am not bragging or anything but I think he can be successful someday and become someone famous.

I am constantly giving him support on his passion at a very young age, and this year I promised him to give him a one of a kind summer activity so he can develop and improve his talent.

Can anyone here recommend a place to go like a summer camp? I live in California and willing to travel this summer with my son to assist him on this.

Thank you,
Andy

Marlene

Feb 12, 2016
RC
That sounds wonderful Andy. I have a daughter as well and she has appeared in Annie and Peter Pan. Did you try your local community's actinng work shops? Has she appeared in any of your local community plays?

andysaludo2011

Feb 12, 2016
California
Hello Marlene,

My son has done theater at a young age, many times since he was 7. These are only school plays though, he hasn't done any community theater but looking at that possibility..

I'd love to see him do that :) maybe he needs to have more semi-professional training I guess. I am willing to provide him that.

Survivorista

Feb 13, 2016
I also have a son who dreams of becoming a stage actor. We thought it was just a phase at age 4. We let him perform his little plays in front of family and friends.

It's so funny because one time he made a script and acted it on his own. I was so surprised at how good he has become! Sp we decided to enroll him to take acting classes and then consider a more serious training for him. He has now appeared in more than 20 plays and has actually gotten calls from some agents because we have signed him up.

Marlene

Feb 12, 2016
RC
Survivorista said:
I also have a son who dreams of becoming a stage actor. We thought it was just a phase at age 4. We let him perform his little plays in front of family and friends.

It's so funny because one time he made a script and acted it on his own. I was so surprised at how good he has become! Sp we decided to enroll him to take acting classes and then consider a more serious training for him. He has now appeared in more than 20 plays and has actually gotten calls from some agents because we have signed him up.
May I ask where you signed him up for agents? I sent my daughter last year to Young actor's summer camp in los angeles and she was totally totally in acting heaven. She bugged me non stop esp after making friends and finding out that they have continued to pursue it seriously. I also met some parents but they are either from texas or one was from London so I do not know of any reputable agents from here. We are sending her again this year bec she kept all her grades up and asked everyone for xmas money instead lol.

JessicaJane15

Feb 15, 2016
Los Angeles, California
This is a good thread, I'm planning to send my son Rusty to a summer camp anyone can suggest a website that offers summer classes within California? Also having good reviews as well

Thanks,

Jess

navitasharma

May 12, 2016
Being parents, it’s our responsibility to encourage the creativity and talents in children. I appreciate what you are doing for your kid. As far as acting classes are concerned, then I would suggest you to do some Google research. This will surely help you choose the best acting classes for your child.