~Advice Please~...

ShanKaz

Jan 22, 2008
<SIZE size="125">I need some advice please. I'm about to become a stay at home Mommy of my 7 month old. I'm used to having people relieve me when I need a shower or go to the bathroom, etc. What do I do if I need a shower and she's awake? What if she starts crying and I don't hear her? I know this sounds silly, but this is serious business for me...lol.</SIZE>
<CENTER>
:veryconfused:​
</CENTER>

evilbrent

PF Addict
Sep 4, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
your house is baby-proof right?

the kid won't evaporate or explode if you take your eye off them. How do you think a mother of 7 handles it?

so what if she starts crying while you're on the toilet? She'll still be crying by the time you get off, no big deal.

I've heard of a case where the mother had to physically lock each of her kids in their own bedrooms before she could use the toilet because they couldn't be trusted to no hurt each other.

Do what you have to do. The kid will adapt.

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
You could put her in a swing in the bathroom with you and leave the curtain a bit open to see her.
You could buy a play yard (not to be confused with a pack n play) it's a wide space for her to crawl around and explore.
Best advice is to get a routine and stick to it. :)
Good luck. You'll do fine.

hawtmama

PF Enthusiast
Jan 13, 2008
AZ
My son is 7 months old but not quite crawling yet. I'll either put him in his exosaucer in the living room, take his bouncer in the bathroom while I take a shower, or just leave him on the floor in the living room to let him roll around.

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
I either bathed with my daughter, or waited till nap time, or waited for daddy to come home. Its not always easy, and even now I can't leave her. She is a monkey and would be into everything!!! On top of the stove, on tope of her kitchen, heck she has even scaled the entertainment center, but my child is well.... like a said a monkey lol

Teresa

PF Fiend
Feb 2, 2007
Ohio
When mine were that small, I took them into the bathroom with me, in their baby seat. I would talk to them while I showered, or have the radio on and sing to them.

NiallNai

PF Enthusiast
Aug 20, 2007
New Jersey
I've brought my son into the bathroom with me when I showered. I would put him in his boppy on the floor with a toy or two. Then I would play peek-a-boo with him from the shower. I think he had a blast. He didn't even get frightened when he saw his dad with shaving cream on his face.

If I'm going downstairs for a moment or if my wife goes downstairs, he'll go in the exer-saucer or my wife has brought him to the basement and put him in a laundry basket (with blankets and a toy or two). She said he enjoyed himself.

XOMLE30

PF Enthusiast
Dec 29, 2007
Toledo, ohio THe armpit of the world!
I would always put them in their bouncy seat and bring them in the bathroom with me. You will find what works best for you. Good luck I loved being a Stay at home mom.... i miss it - had to go back to work :( after three years... it;s a two income world !!

ljmahr

PF Fiend
Oct 16, 2007
Yeah I always would either do it when they napped or bring them in with a seat of some sort or even as someone put it a "babyjail". You'll figure out what works best for you and how to get things done.

Lissa

PF Visionary
Sep 12, 2007
I need some advice please. I'm about to become a stay at home Mommy of my 7 month old. I'm used to having people relieve me when I need a shower or go to the bathroom, etc. What do I do if I need a shower and she's awake? What if she starts crying and I don't hear her? I know this sounds silly, but this is serious business for me...lol.[/SIZE]</SIZE>[/B]

<CENTER>
:veryconfused:​
</CENTER>
[/quote]

I always took showers after he went to sleep. I had a baby monitor in the bathroom so I could hear if he cried.

FooserX

PF Addict
Jul 11, 2007
Denver
Lissa said:
I always took showers after he went to sleep. I had a baby monitor in the bathroom so I could hear if he cried.

Lissa's a big fan of skipping showers all together...for days.

Weeks even.