Afraid of being induced!! :-/...

VeggieMomma

PF Enthusiast
Dec 2, 2012
Homosassa, FL
Neway said:
Two of my pregnancies ended up being induced, first one was my first child, had an epi, (17 years ago nearly lol) was young and uniformed, internet was nowhere near what it is now lol. Second induction was my 3rd pregnancy, only pain relief was gas and paracetamol (think you guys in the US call it acetaminophen/tylenol??) same as with my 2 naturally occuring labours.

Best advice I can give you is to lay it down on the line with your health professionals about how <I>you</I> want the induction to go. The one thing that annoyed the c*** out of me with my inductions was having to stay on the bed because they "had" to use the machine to monitor my contractions and the baby's heartbeat with it...have since heard of ladies that have demanded visual/aural contraction monitoring and doppler monitoring of the baby, and they were still able to get in the shower, move around ect....hindsight is a wonderful thing! Make sure that your hubby knows <U>exactly</U> what you want, so that he can go into battle for you in the labour room if need be.

You seem to be very switched on, but I just wanted to make sure that you have included in your birthplan that if bub needs to go to NICU that you've specified for hubby to go along and maintain skin on skin contact with her?
Right. I have told them how I want the induction to go IF I have to have it. I have a birth plan for both situations and my husband is totally prepared for what I want. My husband will go with her no matter where she goes but because I've had such a healthy pregnancy my midwife said she HIGHLY doubts our baby will be taken out of the room at all, just in case though, we are prepared for whatever happens :)

Neway

PF Regular
Oct 19, 2012
Australia
VeggieMomma said:
I have told them how I want the induction to go IF I have to have it.
Sorry, I forgot the IF, lol.

Like I said, you seem to be very switched on, you've dotted your I's and crossed your T's. Now all that is left to do is to sit and relax, before the whirlwind that will be Miss Aubrey arrives and you become a Mumma!!! :D:D:D

VeggieMomma

PF Enthusiast
Dec 2, 2012
Homosassa, FL
Neway said:
Sorry, I forgot the IF, lol.

Like I said, you seem to be very switched on, you've dotted your I's and crossed your T's. Now all that is left to do is to sit and relax, before the whirlwind that will be Miss Aubrey arrives and you become a Mumma!!! :D:D:D
Haha, no problem :)

Thanks :D I am trying my best to relax, I find myself completely anxious and walking my butt off to make sure she arrives on her own, haha :)

I am so excited to become a mumma :D

EverSweetBaby

Nov 6, 2011
A lot of people told me to eat spicy food when I was eager to have my baby girl. It could have just been a coincidence, but it seemed to work because I went into labor the next day.

VeggieMomma

PF Enthusiast
Dec 2, 2012
Homosassa, FL
Yeah, lol.

I found that Publix sells a hot wings meal that is vegetarian but Im kinda scared of it, lol...

Also... Im going crazy. I kept having pains in my stomach last night and the midwife said come in if they don't go away in a half hour - they went away. WHYYY BABY D: Im feeling forever pregnant and sad at this point, lol.

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Hey, statistics show that this is completely normal and you're just running a little over like a lot of first time moms do. :) it's an average and natural thing. Even my second child was 4 days past his due date.

VeggieMomma

PF Enthusiast
Dec 2, 2012
Homosassa, FL
Thank you for this... I go to see my midwife today (or tomorrow I guess since it's only 1am..) Im hoping when she checks my cervix we will see that Im at least dilated a bit :)

I really just want her to come out, lol. Im 5 days past due now so it has to be sometime soon right?? :D Unless she decides to be extra difficult then I guess induction on the 20th will be my only option :-/

Let's hope for good news tomorrow! :D

VeggieMomma

PF Enthusiast
Dec 2, 2012
Homosassa, FL
The midwife said I am 60% effaced and "about" 2 cm dilated!! She said that she believes Aubrey will be here before Monday! :) She said everything is soft and mushy down there so thats awesome and that her head is literally RIGHT THERE! If she doesn't come before Monday - Then Monday we go for the monitoring/ultrasound and then they will decide whether or not to keep me and induce me (or if I have progressed any - keep me and let me try to keep working on it on my own/ with help from the nurses...) YAY! Im so glad they are willing to work with me about the induction stuff... Fingers crossed I have her before Monday :)

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Alright!!!! :) See she is making her way slowly but surely. I can't imagine her staying in till the 20th lol. Again all that sounds spectacular to me because I didn't dilate or efface at ALL with either pregnancies until the day I went into labor! lol

Anyway, maybe if you have to go in Monday you will be even more progressed and then all they will have to do is break your water or something? :)

VeggieMomma

PF Enthusiast
Dec 2, 2012
Homosassa, FL
Yeah :D I am so beyond happy.

They said Monday if I have progressed more than yeah, they will break my water and let me walk around, use the birthing ball, etc to help induce labor ! :D WOO HOO!