Aggressive music...

Wickett

Community Admin
Aug 1, 2014
East Central U.S.
How old is he, and what do you mean exactly by aggressive? Rock? Metal? Those are really the two things to be asked. If he's listening to a lot of Metal at the age of 13 then yeah, I'm putting a stop to that. If he's listening to Rock on occasion then I see nothing wrong with it.

Groggy1

Nov 5, 2014
Gangster Rap? Rap in general? Acid rock? What is your definition of aggressive music? How old is the kid? Uriah Heep could be thought of as aggressive rock but if you listen to the words you would find a music group touched by peace.:laugh:

cybele

PF Addict
Feb 27, 2012
Australia
I think we need to define aggressive music.

Personally, I'm of the no music is off limits belief, but I know that's fairly controversial within itself.

Wickett

Community Admin
Aug 1, 2014
East Central U.S.
TabascoNatalie said:
What is wrong with Metal?
I am of the belief that music, since it is so influential to our emotions and thoughts, should be monitored and taken seriously. There may be a few that for some reason consider Metal to be uplifting, but for the most part, it is very heavy and depressing in nature. The lyrics may be fine, but the mood and attitude the music puts your body into can have an adverse effect.

I expect no one to agree with this stance, but there is definitely some truth behind it. I certainly wouldn't let my 13 year-old listen to it.

cybele

PF Addict
Feb 27, 2012
Australia
I'm pretty open minded about music and quire eclectic in my tastes but I just can't handle country, with the exception of one song and I'm not huge on it, I just liked how 'different' it sounded, the music, not the vocals, Kasey Chambers has an annoying voice.

bobspock100

Banned
Jan 10, 2015
amsterdam, netherlands
I cant stand rap myself, but I would never try to force my kid to like what I like. I remember when I was a kid and hated what my parents liked. fortunately my 13 yr old boy listens mostly to rock, alternative, and some little classic rock. it seems to me that if you attempt to regulate what they listen to, they will simply listen to what they want when they are away from you, so you don't know about it. by allowing kids to be themselves in front of you instead of doing things behind your back, you help build character and development.