Aimee conflict...

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
She must be having a really hard time around her peers. :( Poor girl. She's probably really being picked on and harassed about everything she's been through. Kids that age can be so cruel. That's tough that you can't really make any decisions since her mom has full custody.

I always thought past a certain age that a kid could decide for themselves? :(

Jeremy+3

PF Addict
Apr 18, 2009
Nottinghamshire
They can decide which custodial parent to live with, Jordy is not a custodial parent, so if her mum allows her to live with someone who does not have part custody, mum could get in a lot of trouble as well until Aimee is legally allowed to live on her own.

Hartz75

PF Enthusiast
Jun 10, 2010
Ontario, Canada
M2M is right there is no "right" answer. I guess just helping Amiee throught this rought time in her life.

At least you are there for your daughter as much as you can be.

Jordy

PF Fanatic
Apr 12, 2010
Perth, WA
yep Aimee's mother has full custody... i have visitation rights but technically she probably shouldn't have even stayed with me the last week without going to Family court and signing papers etc.... i can be made a custodial parent BUT it is not a short process and both myself and Aimee's mother can get into trouble if she comes to live with me before this is done.. i have no real rights to her anymore

Hartz75

PF Enthusiast
Jun 10, 2010
Ontario, Canada
I know you are not a custodial parent, but I do not understand why you would get into trouble if the custodial parent agreed she could stay with you for an interm period. The laws are probably different, but I have friends here that have made agreements with friends or family that are not legal gaurdians and as long as the legal parent agreed to it then it is perfectly legal?

Just curious, strange how laws differ. That makes things hard for all of you then.

Antoinette

PF Addict
Mar 2, 2010
Australia
i think Jordy is not just not the custodial parent but when they slip his wife took him to court to make sure he was only allowed limited supervised visits because she didn't quite understand when he declared him being gay and she was scared he was a pedophile.. he agreed to these terms because he was still feeling shame etc and wanted to make Michelle happy. she has now realized how silly she was being and lets him have unsupervised visits which the court doesn't know about.... that's why he cant have her live with him without going to court first.

we have had this conversation numerous times, right Jordy :p