Airports are the most testing place for parents...

adoptive dad

Banned
Jun 26, 2013
Winchester UK
WE'RE ON OUR WAY TO AUSTRALIA!!!

We have just checked the bags in and the like and now are in the Departures lounge. I got to say a long flight to Australia via Singapore is in the near future and I've already had enough. Tyger's upset cause he left one of his teddy bears in the car, Caitlyn is constantly complaining about being bored, Mathew played onb the DS all the way here, and its battery has gone and we can't find a plug socket to plug it into, my dad is being overly careful about everything, Fern and my mother are complaining about their Starbuck's not being to a good standard, my sister is complaining about missing her friends already, I've just got a phone call of the SIL to say there has been a water pipe leak at work, not to mention the fact we have all been up since 6AM this morning and it is now 8:45PM.I thought this was meant to be a start of an awesome two week holiday, oh the joys of long distance travel.

Minus all the above our aussie adventure has much hope and expectation Sydney here we come!!!

cybele

PF Addict
Feb 27, 2012
Australia
Can I disappoint Fern and your mother a bit more by telling you that Starbucks went bankrupt here?

There are still a small number around, I think Sydney has most of them actually, there are about 10 in NSW, but they aren't the same as what they were pre-bankruptcy, they only have about half the menu they used to have.

Good luck with the plane trip.

adoptive dad

Banned
Jun 26, 2013
Winchester UK
Just got of the flight to Singapore, Fern and my mother are not happy now I have told them that considering that there are no Costa Coffee shops over there either. The kids have settled but are still complaining about the weather here at 79% humidity. I can't wait till I get to Australia and my dad calms down he's still being padantic about everything.

cybele

PF Addict
Feb 27, 2012
Australia
We do have Hudson's, Gloria Jean's, Max Brenner, Theobroma and loads of independent coffee stores though.

Dare I say it, all better than Starbucks, very little of that flavoured gunk, quality sourced coffee beans.

adoptive dad

Banned
Jun 26, 2013
Winchester UK
My kinda coffee then - proper stuff I hate Starbucks (I rarely have it Costa is nice but I prefer independent ones that source proper coffee). Will post when we are in Sydney

JakeW

PF Enthusiast
Apr 21, 2013
Awesome, be sure to post pictures of beautiful Sydney....especially the Harbour Bridge.

I haven't air-raveled in a few years, not since my awful experience with the usher who said I cannot have any outside food onboard and to either gobble it up now, or toss it upon entering the plane.

So a 12 hour trip to Europe and I guess you're suppose to starve to death since the airlines no longer feed you.

adoptive dad

Banned
Jun 26, 2013
Winchester UK
We're actually about an hour north of the city in a little place called Palm Beach (famous for Home and Away - I think I know why the mother picked this location). Really nice place but right now all I want to do is catch a couple hours sleep dad is baby sitting the kids at the pool so me and fern are off to bed (at last)