An important question regarding infant death shortly after their birith...

Amos

Aug 21, 2008
New York
I have a close friend who, a few years ago gave birth to a child (after her full term/9mons) she only recently told me but that she'd given birth once but he was gone now and she was silent after. So I am wondering what are some causes of infant death after birth?

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
it could have been a whole lot of reasons. the baby could have passed on right after birth, there could have been a problem with the cord, it could have been SIDS. Question for you though....why are you so concerned about this? It's her saddness to deal with an obviously she didn't want to tell you what happened

mom2many

Super Moderator
Jul 3, 2008
melba, Idaho
She may be concerned because it is her friend and she was wondering what it could be that caused her friend such horrible pain. I would be curious to, I think that is natural when it comes to people you care about.

Know to your question, I could be any number of thing that led to the death of the baby shortly after birth. My friend had a pregnancy like that and it was chromosonal(sp?) and multiple miscarriages, but peace for her was found in talking about it, when your friend is ready she will talk about it, just be patient, and one day you will understand what happeneded.

Mindy

PF Addict
Feb 20, 2008
QC, Canada
As previously mentioned it could be a whole lot of issues. Sadly, I know quite a few women who carried to term only to have babe die within minutes, hours, days of birth.

1dayatatime

PF Addict
Oct 3, 2007
AZ
This a horrible topic. WHen I was in the hospital after having Havoc I started to read a magazine and one of the articles was about this poor woman who gave birth to her beautiful perfect child to have it die right next to her in the hospital of SIDS. Totally the wrong time to see a story like that. I used to wake Havoc up to make sure he was still alive. I think your friends issue falls under the catagory none of your business.

Amos

Aug 21, 2008
New York
:eek:
You're rude, and wth kind of name is Havoc, poor kid. He'll be in my prayers a name like that and a mom like you?? My heart goes out to him.
Next, I never asked what happened to HER baby I simply asked what the causes were of death to an infant shortly after birth because I was baffled by it. If a baby is perfectly healthy and born full-term why would they die so soon? I'm not pressing the issue with her, I respect she doesn't want to talk about it, if she ever does again I will be glad she trusts me enough.

So ... you're just a horrible person. :censored:

To those of you who actually listened and were POLITE thank you, I just wanted to know how babies die after their births so soon, particularly when they're healthy ones. :(

1dayatatime said:
This a horrible topic. WHen I was in the hospital after having Havoc I started to read a magazine and one of the articles was about this poor woman who gave birth to her beautiful perfect child to have it die right next to her in the hospital of SIDS. Totally the wrong time to see a story like that. I used to wake Havoc up to make sure he was still alive. I think your friends issue falls under the catagory none of your business.

Skyburning

PF Fiend
Oct 6, 2007
Mississippi
Amos said:
And for god sakes I almost forgot ... LEARN HOW TO SPELL AND USE HALFWAY DECENT GRAMMAR.
It's rude to come here and insult a regular poster(and make digs at her child's name? How tactless can you be?) right off the bat.

Back to the topic at hand, SIDS has no explanation and there's nothing to understand.

Father_0f_7

PF Addict
Aug 19, 2008
F.I., Florida
Amos -

that was completely uncalled for, you dont make fun of someones name, that's childish and it could hurt the feelings of the person (my first name is Seir, I got teased a lot).

chars24

PF Regular
May 27, 2008
I think the death could be due to many reasons. But the moderators need to have a look at this thread!

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
Amos said:
:eek:
You're rude, and wth kind of name is Havoc, poor kid. He'll be in my prayers a name like that and a mom like you?? My heart goes out to him.
Next, I never asked what happened to HER baby I simply asked what the causes were of death to an infant shortly after birth because I was baffled by it. If a baby is perfectly healthy and born full-term why would they die so soon? I'm not pressing the issue with her, I respect she doesn't want to talk about it, if she ever does again I will be glad she trusts me enough.

So ... you're just a horrible person. :censored:

To those of you who actually listened and were POLITE thank you, I just wanted to know how babies die after their births so soon, particularly when they're healthy ones. :(
K...first of all she said nothing rude to you, second of all I will not allow you to bash a mother on this board for the name of her child. You won't make many friends here at all that way. You friend doesn't want to talk about it, you should respect that...She'll tell you if and when she's ready but maybe she isn't sharing with you cause she's afriad you'll spread her business on the internet ;)

1dayatatime

PF Addict
Oct 3, 2007
AZ
Amos. I just read your reply to my comment. I hope you have a super fantasic day. Any prayers you feel like sending our way can only help. Thank you. Have you considered some type of mental theraphy? Naaa I'm just kidding. Welcome aboard!