Android App for reviewing Sight Words. Definitely different!...

Sight Words

Dec 18, 2011
Have you guys considered using smartphone Apps as supplemental teaching/learning aids?

Here's one that you and your child might enjoy. I have included the copy and link below.

Sight Words Backwords - Grades 1st-4th

<I>Improve your child's vocabulary and problem solving skills with a new approach to learning that you and your child will enjoy!

'Sight Words Backwords: 4th Grade' is a fun sight word app that features common vocabulary words from 1st to 4th Grade.

The difference from other vocabulary apps? The words read backwards, making learning new words into a game and removing the boredom of ordinary sight word apps.

This app is perfect for homeschooled students, traditional school students, and even those learning English as a 2nd language.

Over 245 sight words are available and more will be added via a FREE UPGRADE. Watch the delight in your child's eyes when he hears the DING! for each word spoken correctly.

This app was created because a five year-old child was playing the 'Words Backwords' app for adults when we heard several "Dings" for correct answers. We were amazed that the app kept his attention and realized that a "Sight Words Backwords" app specifically for children was in order.

Because this app has sight words from the 1st grade to the 4th grade, this will keep younger children engaged as they use their expanding vocabulary to master the app.

The bonus is that adults will find themselves playing with the app alone or they can spend quality time taking turns playing with their children.

TO PLAY:

1. Press the 'Start' button and a random word will appear "BACKWARDS".
2. Read the word, and then press the 'Answer' button to speak the word.
3. You will have 7 seconds to say the word "FORWARD".

Speak clearly and concisely. Once you press the Answer button, the timer will stop and you will be able to speak in a normal manner.

Take advantage of this unique, brain-teasing app. Your child will thank you as their improved vocabulary helps them make better grades in school.

See App Here!
</I>