anger...

turkler30

Jan 29, 2013
norwich
Since having my 2 younger children, my 13 year old daughter has become extremly agressive. Mainly towards her stepfather. I met my partner when my d was 5 and for yrs they got on famously. Although during the past 2 yrs she has become hard to talk to and when told NO! She becomes increasingly angry. She has put holes in my doors and even been physically agressive towards mt partner. I am at a loss

bssage

Super Moderator
Oct 20, 2008
Iowa
IMHO

1. She is a teen.

2. I would replace the word No with Why, Or what,

3. Damage = cost. The cost should be demonstrated by restitution. It can be work or selling an item. Either way is has a cost.

I recommend searching the net and wiki for information on "Active listening" She sounds like she has a message that she feels you are not adequately reacting to.

And: She is a teen.

masud27

Feb 13, 2013
Bangladesh
Try to understand her- What's she wants and what's the reality? As a social worker I'd like to say, as soon as possible you have to recover this angerness from your daughter. Otherwise she will be suffered from more n more depression.

Cop2be

PF Fiend
May 28, 2009
Denver, Colorado 3oh3! <3
turkler30 said:
Since having my 2 younger children, my 13 year old daughter has become extremly agressive. Mainly towards her stepfather. I met my partner when my d was 5 and for yrs they got on famously. Although during the past 2 yrs she has become hard to talk to and when told NO! She becomes increasingly angry. She has put holes in my doors and even been physically agressive towards mt partner. I am at a loss
Clearly the issue is the stepfather and new kids.
She may feel replaced, like she isn't part of YOUR new family.
More than likely how she views it.

I wouldn't punish her I would sit down and say to her I know something is bothering you what's up?

As for saying no all the time, I would quit that too, say yes if she wants to spend time with her friends or go places, she wants to feel like she belongs and if she has friends to go out with let her, she'll be much happier with her peers who understand her...