Anti-social...

Cop2be

PF Fiend
May 28, 2009
Denver, Colorado 3oh3! <3
So over this summer, I have noticed that I have gotten increasingly anti-soical, with each outing its gotten worse.
Tonight I noticed that I much prefer to sit at home in my room, barely speaking to my mom or brother, communicating with friends only via text or MSN or IRC, sitting on my laptop from the time I wake up to the time I go to bed minus showering, eating, and the occasional outing + explorers bi-weekly.

I just don't want to deal with anything or anyone.
I just want to sit contently in my room away from everything.

Now, don't get me wrong, its nothing like my mom's antisocialness which stems from her hatred of the world. I am just too sad and too worn out to deal with anything, to be out of my comfort zone or to put up with something I don't want to put up with.
If I even feel the slightest bit of losing control or if something isn't going right I get into this mood and my anxiety attacks have been triggering easier. Like, I think I've had like 4 just this week and i've had like 5 migraines this week as well.

My friend wants me to go to water world tomorrow from 9am to 6pm....
I don't know if I wanna go.

Part of me is like hmm water world sounds nice and the other part of me is like stay in your rooooommmm.

I wanna call my current state apathetic but its more like a somber depression.

So should I stay home where I know i'll be content or should I go and risk a total melt down?

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Well, you should probably see a doctor about depression. That kind of thing can consume your life before you know it. You might need a little therapy, or some light anti-depressants to help you out of it. It happens to everybody sometimes I think, and I can see how you would be going through a stage like this with the stress you have to put up with in your everyday life.

Honestly the decision is ultimately up to you, as you know yourself far better than any of us ever can. I can say, as can anyone else, that it would be most healthy for you to go out with your friends and enjoy yourself at the water park. Try not to let little things get to you. Try to focus on enjoying yourself, and push everything that bothers you to the back of your mind and tell yourself that for now it doesn't really matter. You have to give yourself these times, otherwise you'll end up letting your problems take over your life and its just NOT worth it. You only get one life, you might as well make the best of it.

I know what anxiety and depression can do to a person's life. I've DEFINITELY been there. All I can say is try not to let it happen to you, and if it does, try to make sure you get all the help that you need. Who knows, maybe some counceling that even involves your mom might be good for you guys. Either way, you should definitely get some for yourself if you think its a possibility. Sometimes those anti-depressants and anti-anxiety medications can really help out as well. But in the end, I've always found that, everything you need to cure your depression is within yourself. It's a matter of having the will to live (not just be alive), and the realization that you don't want to be unhappy. You know?

Sorry you're feeling bad, though. Try hanging out with your friends.

Skyburning

PF Fiend
Oct 6, 2007
Mississippi
Xero said:
But in the end, I've always found that, everything you need to cure your depression is within yourself. It's a matter of having the will to live (not just be alive), and the realization that you don't want to be unhappy. You know?

Sorry you're feeling bad, though. Try hanging out with your friends.
I agree if this is a recent development that that's probably the case but if this is an on-going thing or there is a chemical imbalance it's not a matter of just willing yourself to be happy, though I'm sure that helps.

I do think you should go out with your friends though. Worst case scenario you don't have a great time but you wouldn't have been having a great time at the house with your mother either. You might find that some time with friends is just what you need to feel better.