Anxiously waiting.......

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Oh yeah I forgot!!! lol The little booger just fell asleep finally, so I actually have a moment before I run around cleaning the house and bathing my other kid. @__@ Newborns are SO time and energy consuming! He is a really good baby, he takes great naps during the day and he sleeps for 3 hours at a time at night which isn't bad and he eats great and doesn't spit up and he's not a big complainer. The only thing that's making me a little nuts is that when he is awake he ONLY wants to be on my boob!! He is not interested in being held by his dad or being entertained by anything else. He will sit in the bouncie seat for a little while but not long, and he's good in his swing but I hate putting him in it long because it just makes him sleep more during the day than he needs to. But yeah he just is permanently attached to my boob during his every waking moment!! Argh! lol I wouldn't care if he wanted to be held all the time, that's no problem, but I think my nipples are gonna fall off. D; And to make things even better, he HATES the pacifier!! It blows me away because ODS loved his. -sigh-

End rant to go post pictures. haha :p

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
remember the old rule mom....

when baby sleeps YOU sleep! Try to get yourself some rest.

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Yeah I do try when I can. I usually manage to get like one nap in a day with him, but other than that its hard to sleep with him all the time when I've got a 3 year old that needs my attention too, and I can't let my house get disgusting or anything lol and my family's gotta eat too, plus I have to shower once in a while. DH has been helping me a lot but he actually had to call off work two days and use a sick day one day last week just to be with me as long as he could because his job has no kind of paternity leave and he didn't qualify for FMLA so he's back to work today and I miss him. :( He mostly works 2nd shift 3:30-11:30 so I don't get to see much of him!

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
oh, a spouse working second is a tough family schedule.

my DS1 was addicted to the pacifier and DS2 wouldn't have anything to do with it either. Look at it this way, at least you won't have to wean him off of it....