Anyone work from home?...

juliekm

Apr 14, 2011
I know Mom's are always looking for ways to stay home with the kids (Dads too!) Have any of you found a successful route? All I can find is scams and wild goose chases that end in me getting a bunch of spam to my email? I have though of a great website, but I don't know if that is a money maker or even how to start. I found a couple of article on how to start a business: <link removed> Has anyone done this successfully? could you add anything or advice? :D

Last edited by a moderator:

znljubica

Apr 23, 2011
Novi Sad, Serbia
I have traded on the Forex for many years, successfully. Should first educate more than six months and practicing the demo program. I recommend only to disciplined personality.

NancyM

PF Addict
Jul 2, 2010
New York
Julie I was looking into 'hubpages.com' hope I can say that. It seems you can make money writing almost anything and someone will pay you if they like it.
I believe it's ligit.

I didn't do it because I'm a little confused about how I would pay taxes on that income. I didn't look to hard for that answer to be honest.

I'm not sure if someone sends my income amount to the IRS or if I'm responsible on my own. It's confusing to me. Probably my fault because I didn't read everything there is to read so maybe you can take a look and see if you'd like it.

Let me know what you think if you do.

Kim

PF Fiend
Apr 3, 2007
St. Louis, MO
I sometimes work from home, but am only able to do so because my husband owns his own business and I do his bookkeeping. HOnestly I find it is harder to work from home unless you really have very little work to do. This is because if I'm spending time on work stuff I feel like I can't concentrate because the kids are getting into stuff, or guilty because I'm not playing with them. If I am doing anything other than working I feel guilty that I'm not getting my work done. It has been a lot smoother for me to work at my office for a few hours 4 days a week. That way I have uninterrupted work time, and also a clear boundary between "work time" and "family time". But if you only had to work 1-2 hours per day and could do it during nap time or something, then it might work for you! Hopefully you can find something that works for your family :)

kara

PF Regular
May 31, 2011
Kim said:
I sometimes work from home, but am only able to do so because my husband owns his own business and I do his bookkeeping. HOnestly I find it is harder to work from home unless you really have very little work to do. This is because if I'm spending time on work stuff I feel like I can't concentrate because the kids are getting into stuff, or guilty because I'm not playing with them. If I am doing anything other than working I feel guilty that I'm not getting my work done.
Ditto that!

I work from home and outside the home. I also am enrolled in college- online courses only. I have a legit website that I use to pick up occasional freelance projects from home. I'll send you a private message.

MomoJA

PF Fiend
Feb 18, 2011
You can perhaps work from home as an adjunct professor with an online college.

I don't know if I'd want to work from home, though I certainly see the benefits of doing so. I just think I would always feel like I should be doing work, like I never really left work at the end of the day or on weekends.

mcuyler

Banned
Jun 7, 2011
Very difficult question. I wish i had the answer. All I have come across are scammers only.