Anyone?...

Father_0f_7

PF Addict
Aug 19, 2008
F.I., Florida
I'm leaning more towards the snip. Just because alot of my friends have had it and said it's actually not as bad as it sounds....still hurts, just not as much as you would think.

Father_0f_7

PF Addict
Aug 19, 2008
F.I., Florida
So we decided I was going to have the snip. (I really like calling it "the snip") lol. So we are going to my doctor tomorrow to speak with him about it.

Dadu2004

PF Visionary
May 16, 2008
Cleveland, OH
Father_0f_6 said:
So we decided I was going to have the snip. (I really like calling it "the snip") lol. So we are going to my doctor tomorrow to speak with him about it.
Good luck brother...you're more of a man than I am.

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
fallon said:
no problem, I've been looking into myself for future use and thought it may fit your situation as well. After the baby is born we're going with a non-hormonal IUD (it uses copper) and that will last ten yrs so if we decided we're sure we're done I think I may go with something like that

Really??? What is that called??? How do people react to that? I would love to be on something non-hormonal. I have been looking SO hard for something that doesn't involve hormones messing me up but still prevents babies. :eek: lol Please tell me more about this. Links?

Fo6 - Good luck!! :)

Skyburning

PF Fiend
Oct 6, 2007
Mississippi
Xero- google paraguard and mirena..I believe mirena is the copper one and paraguard uses low dose hormones but is also an IUD

ETA--Oops! Got that backwards. Paragard is the copper one mirena is the hormone one.

mom2many

Super Moderator
Jul 3, 2008
melba, Idaho
Father_0f_6 said:

There is a new less evasive one...for which I can not remember the name of at the moment, but maybe your doctor does and can do it. It's supposed to have a quicker recovery time and be a heck of a lot less painfull.

16th ave.

PF Addict
Jan 4, 2009
East Texas
ha ha lol. thanks fer the laugh.
anyways, ?good luck? and hope its the best solution for you guys. oh and atleast ya do have a few friends near enough to ask their experiences with it, get some ideas of what to expect and so on, more than just what the doc. might tell ya.

Father_0f_7

PF Addict
Aug 19, 2008
F.I., Florida
Glad I made someone laugh...my work here is done.

Ya, we spoke with the doc today, so far everything is good. I have been talking to my friends, we have known eachother since we were about 2 years old so we can ask eachother anything really.

AshleyEA

Jul 9, 2009
Somewhere boring, Illinois
Im suprised I have not heard anyone make any mention (unless i missed it) about how depo makes you gain a lot of weight. I mean EVERY women is different.. but if you research it..weight gain is one of the most prodominant side effect of it. I had two friends who used that bc. They each gained around 20 lbs that first year, then are steadily getting bigger. Im very careful with my weight gain exercise daily, eat right, and my obgyn actually adviced me NOT to try it since I am at such a healthy weight they figured it would jepordize it. I mean again, each women is different.. and there are MANY wonderful benefits of it if yo can toloarete it well.

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
Do6 - sorry I missed this earlier. I got the snip in April and the "all clear" in June. For me the only pain was the injection of anesthetic, which was only very momentary and then the tenerness of recovery for a week or so, but that wasn't that big of a deal. Milk the simpathy with Amber and you can probably get a couple days of laying around doing nothing out of the deal.

The worst part of the whole process was the wait until all the live guys are gone, to be able to test drive the new system... (that and the fact that my Drs office gave me a sample cup but no bag or anything to bring it bacck in...I was tempted just to plunk it on the receptionists desk....geez, think ahead people, this is your area of expertise, not mine...

Father_0f_7

PF Addict
Aug 19, 2008
F.I., Florida
I'm going to have the procedure done on Thursday August 6th. We were going to do it this week but it's going to be crazy.

My birthday is Sunday, Amber's is Thursday. Taking the kids places...blah blah blah you get it.

So ya, just wanted to let ya'll know.

Trina

PF Addict
Jun 10, 2007
CT
We wrestled with this decision for several years. I have never done well with hormonal BC and after 2 C-sections, wasn't eager to have a tubal ligation. DH was too chicken to do The Snip, so for 3 years we used condoms. After 2 pregnancy scares he finally decided to go through with it and then wished he had done it sooner because it wasn't a big deal. The kicker is, 2 yrs. later I ended up in the hospital due to female issues that ultimately ended with a hysterectomy. LOL! I remember being prepped for surgery when I commented to him, "So, if we had waited 2 more years you wouldn't have had to get snipped!"

Our anniversary is August 6th. I'll be thinking of you! DH recommends using a pack of frozen peas to help with pain and swelling. ;) I must also mention that it's important to listen to the doctor's orders after the procedure. You'll be told to ejaculate so many times before bringing in a sample. Use an alternative form of BC until you test sperm free. Sometimes it takes awhile for the swimmers to clear out. Once the doctor gives you the green light it's HEAVEN not to have to worry about BC!