Aquarium in Denver....

FooserX

PF Addict
Jul 11, 2007
Denver
Feeding the rays is way cool :)

We always go to eat at the Denver Aquarium for Valentine's Day, kinda a tradition. The food is really good, and the atmosphere is romantic and fun for kids at the same time since an entire wall is a big fish and shark tank.

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
Cool aquarium. Your kids are cute. I especially love the little one hanging on and trying to get her little finger down there. hahaha

What's that black picture of? The kids and the North star??? ;)

yulia

Banned
Jan 25, 2008
Lafayette, CO
musicmom said:
Cool aquarium. Your kids are cute. I especially love the little one hanging on and trying to get her little finger down there. hahaha

What's that black picture of? The kids and the North star??? ;)
no, that's a sharks place. too dark though for a good picture, but you can still see the shark in the darkness.

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
yulia said:
thanks!

Pettig rays was a lot of fun!:)
I swam with the sting rays in Grand Cayman and Islmorada...I can't wait for my kids to see things like this, there's nothing like that around here

yulia

Banned
Jan 25, 2008
Lafayette, CO
fallon said:
I swam with the sting rays in Grand Cayman and Islmorada...I can't wait for my kids to see things like this, there's nothing like that around here
wow! that must be such a cool experience!

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
yulia said:
wow! that must be such a cool experience!
it really was...in Grand caymen the rays were wild but they were use to human contact because so many people go out to this sand bank in the middle of the ocean just to be with them...we feed them and they would swim right up on to your back. They call the sand bank Sting ray city...it really was magical to be so close with these ceatures. In Islemorada they were captive and it actually made me a little sad because they had their barbs removed...I thought that was crule. I've swam with dolphines also and the rays were by far my favorite