are you supposed to encourage or discourge crying?...

superman

PF Fiend
Aug 23, 2010
Canada
NancyM said:
Aww Superman, it really does suck. I had to put both my babies down when I moved here 10 years ago, they were both very old and in bad condition, they wouldn't have made the move.

My sister just told me that she had to put her dog Hulk down this morning. He was with her forever. It's so sad.
I'll keep you and your son in my thoughts and prayers.
i know alotta people putting there dogs down lately....thanku so much i appreciate it

superrod2010

PF Enthusiast
Dec 29, 2010
Utah
My reply here might be a bit late but I wanted to put in my 2 cents for those reading. There is nothing wrong with crying about loss like this. It is OK to show some emotion and to comfort the young ones when these things happen.
and if I recall, Even Superman cried.

jeysndvk

Dec 29, 2010
New Zealand
I agree with everyone here, crying is very normal and openess does take work. I myself is not very good at being open and I'm not a cryer either but I found that after I had my children I had to learn how to be more open with them. I know it takes time but evetually we will get there.

Satori

PF Enthusiast
Dec 30, 2010
Australia
I'm really sorry for your loss, and your boy's misery. Depending on his age you could tell him about the big farmhouse in the sky all dogs go to and chase rabbits and so on. If he's too old to buy that he's probably old enough to go through the grieving process with you by his side. Sharing the loss halves it, I hope. Such is life.

EJ2010

Jan 15, 2011
Sorry for your loss!

I think it's very important to allow crying and to make it feel like a natural part of our lives.

hockeyguy

Jan 16, 2011
yeah, tell him even Superman gets upset and cries....what's the problem with crying? It's a natural reaction to the human emotional element. TO leave this out is just wrong. My kid gets emotional at the end of a good movie....whether its a happy or sad ending!

superman

PF Fiend
Aug 23, 2010
Canada
hockeyguy said:
yeah, tell him even Superman gets upset and cries....what's the problem with crying? It's a natural reaction to the human emotional element. TO leave this out is just wrong. My kid gets emotional at the end of a good movie....whether its a happy or sad ending!
its easy for u cus u were raised to believe different dude.

superrod2010

PF Enthusiast
Dec 29, 2010
Utah
The way we are raised and taught does make a difference in how we act, react and perceive things. Ultimately you need to decide how to act and raise your kids. Just do the best you can with what you have.