Ari...

Good Wolf

PF Addict
Mar 11, 2008
TX
Well it looks like we lost Ari. She doesn't agree with the fact that Lissa and Fooser were unbanned. She doesn't like the way that Yulia was handled either. Obviously Kaytee and I are on the same page with her on both counts.

I've done what I can to convince her to stay and she says she will consider it. I told her to let me know if she finds another forum so that those of us that care to can still keep in touch with her. She is one of the best people on here and I hate to see her go.

I'm thinking Teresa might be bailing also but she hasn't said anything to me. I wouldn't be suprised if Trina is also have reservations.

You can't please all the people all the time so I'm not sure what can be done about it, but I figured I would let you guys now what is going on.

Sirk

Your Forum Mom
Apr 1, 2008
Like I said, Ari talked about leaving from the day I got here and specifically mentioned someone who's still a mod as someone she has a big problem with. This isn't all my doing.
I asked her if I could share her PMs and she said no so I won't and I'll leave it at that.

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
that's true...I had quite a few PM's from Ari before I left on my trip but I've chalked it all up to the fact that she is an adult and will make her own choices. I LOVE Ari and consider her one of our best members but we can't make her stay. I mill miss her if she decides to leave but you can't make everyone happy

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
I also know that Trina and Teresa are both leaving as well. They may still stop by on occassion but it will be even less then now

Good Wolf

PF Addict
Mar 11, 2008
TX
So we brought back two people that have caused problems for the forum on multiple occasions, and are now losing three great members that have never had any problems.

I'm not sure that was a good trade.

What are Trina's and Teresa's grievances?

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
the cussing, the allowing to bash others as long as they "deserve" it, basically. Hopefully things will calm down. But with Fooser and Lissa around I doubt it. I am leaving in a few days and can't say that I am not nervous about what will happen. I will be gone for over a week

Good Wolf

PF Addict
Mar 11, 2008
TX
It is my understanding that the bashing is not going to be permitted. I have my hands tied on the cussing. At first I didn't think it would do any harm but the more I think about it the more I question why it is 'necessary'. The forum voted and majority ruled...

I guess we are seeing the consciences from it.

Good Wolf

PF Addict
Mar 11, 2008
TX
The best I can tell it won't be used excessively and if it is we can always politely ask for them to chill out a bit. I know Kris is going to roll her eyes at that I don't want to run off any more current members or prospective members simply because someone isn't articulate enough to not use profanity in excess.

Sirk

Your Forum Mom
Apr 1, 2008
Good Wolf said:
The best I can tell it won't be used excessively and if it is we can always politely ask for them to chill out a bit. I know Kris is going to roll her eyes
Am not! You can politely ask anyone anything you please.

:rolleyes:

Good Wolf

PF Addict
Mar 11, 2008
TX
I went ahead and started a final poll on this. If they decide to keep the cursing then I'll drop it.

Sirk

Your Forum Mom
Apr 1, 2008
My Thoughts:

Yeah, the new girl who was walking into drama she knew nothing about is giving everyone an equal oppurtunity. Sucks, don't it?

Is Lissa even posting anymore?

Teresa didn't send me anything when I first got here and asked for people's input. So I'm going to slap a "You're not allowed to complain if you didn't vote" bumper sticker on her.

If one event is enough to make you go "OMG I'M LEAVING!" you're too thin skinned for a forum.

People obviously pick and choose what they read and what they respond to. If you don't like someone or certain topics FOR GOSH SAKES go to some other threads. We have great parenting threads that are going ignored because people WANT the drama and to be pissed off. When your real life is boring, what's better than an interactive Soap Opera?

uh... I had something else but then Anya said "Mommy! Come look! :D " and now I don't know what I'm talking about. Damnit, I was on a roll!

Moral of the Story: Personal Responsibility. Me, or Forum Troll or anyone else is not responsible for your experiences.

Good Wolf

PF Addict
Mar 11, 2008
TX
That was my opinion the first go around but like I said is it worth losing old members or turning off prospective new one over? I don't think so.

Life is hard, wear a helmet, but if you can avoid getting hit of the head then all the better.

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
Good Wolf said:
That was my opinion the first go around but like I said is it worth losing old members or turning off prospective new one over? I don't think so.

Life is hard, wear a helmet, but if you can avoid getting hit of the head then all the better.
lol I agree

Good Wolf

PF Addict
Mar 11, 2008
TX
Man, I am the king of typos. I guess I should either work at work or just say screw it and just post.

Sirk

Your Forum Mom
Apr 1, 2008
But if we kowtow to some members then we have to kowtow to others and it never ends.

Let me say the one think I am real uphappy about is the amount of spreading around what happens in the mod forum. This isn't a public forum. When I got here, one of my first posts said that I wasn't going to be sharing what people tell me except for with CG staff. I expect the same level of respect and privacy or you can get off my mod team.

Good Wolf

PF Addict
Mar 11, 2008
TX
Can you be more specific?

You posted direct quotes from Jtee that were located here on Yulia's drama thread.

Sirk

Your Forum Mom
Apr 1, 2008
Good Wolf said:
Can you be more specific?

You posted direct quotes from Jtee that were located here on Yulia's drama thread.
Jtee's not one of my mods.

And no, I was vague because I don't want to call the person out. But gossip won't get us anywhere. This is something I'm putting my foot down on.

Sirk

Your Forum Mom
Apr 1, 2008
and let me say it's not HM I'm so worried about. It's when I get a PM that says "You did this and you said that" and all of that happened either in PMs or the mod forum, that ticks me off. If we wanted it public, it would be.