At a loss - Daycare Dilemna...

mum4mygals

Feb 17, 2008
Singapore
If it is not a daycare, it can be tough to question...
But, you always have a choice not to leave your kids there if you are not comfortable... I would think you should be more than uncomfortable here...

Find another option..

Naeem2008

Apr 15, 2008
<r>Great Ideas From Tools of the Mind Curriculum <br/>
1. Have your child or student verbalize and write down their plans for the day. Get a sheet of paper and prompt them with a question. What are you going to do today? If your child says I will play, then have them With a Marker write down their plan like this: __ ___ ____. Have them draw underlines as they verbalize their plan to you. This will teach them that when they write there are spaces, that words can be long and short, and teaches them sylables etc. Then Have them write on the underline like this: I will play. As they verbalize their plan again. <br/>
2. BLOCK VOTING <br/>
HAVE THREE BOXES PRESENT. ON THE OUTSIDE OF THE BOXES HAVE THREE DIFFERENT BOOKS. THEN HAVE YOUR STUDENTS OR CHILDREN VOTE ON THE BOOK THEY WANT YOU TO READ BY HAVING THEM PUT A BLOCK IN THE BOX OF THEIR FAVORITE BOOK. THEN AFTER THEY HAVE VOTED. COUNT AND SEE WHICH BOOK HAS THE MOST VOTES! <br/>
3. Musical Writing <br/>
For this exercise you will need a dry erase board, markers, and classical music. During this activity, you will teach the children how to write using music, you will teach them shapes, and how to hold a pencil by doing this fun activity. While the music is playing you will have a board and your child/students will have a board. While the soft music is playing, You will show them how to do circles by repeatedly saying “snow” and drawing small circles on the board. While you are doing this your child will be watching and repeating you. You can teach slants by calling it rain, the possibilities are endless. If you want to find out some more ideas from my e-book please email me @<EMAIL email="</s><COLOR color="#0000ff"><s></s>earlyc@hotmail.com<e></e></COLOR><e></e></EMAIL> to purchase my e-book!</r>