Aubrey Jade finally arrived!! :)...

VeggieMomma

PF Enthusiast
Dec 2, 2012
Homosassa, FL
Wasn't sure where to put this but I wanted to let everyone know I did give birth to Aubrey on 12/19/12!! I was induced unfortunately but still had her naturally :) After 3 days of labor and an epidural (sadly, I couldn't fight the pain after the exhaustion had set in :-/) she was born at 11:56pm on Wednesday the 19th weighing 8.5lbs and measuring 21inches long! We have had a good first week, getting into routine and whatnot. She is such a good baby! So smiley and eats well :). She loves breast feeding, hehe. She eats every 2 hours for about a half hour and then sleeps and repeat! I have gotten plenty of sleep thankfully and even been keeping up with all our housework, haha:)

VeggieMomma

PF Enthusiast
Dec 2, 2012
Homosassa, FL
Thank you!!

Yes.. It wasn't very fun. My body just wouldn't cooperate.. They tried cervadil for 12 hours (with a few hours break in between.) Then to pitocin... I didn't get to follow my birth plan at all but all that matters is that she is here and safe :)

cybele

PF Addict
Feb 27, 2012
Australia
I have to admit, I had a little giggle at the last picture, it's like she's looking at the camera going "I don't know what that thing is but why are you pointing it at me?"

Neway

PF Regular
Oct 19, 2012
Australia
Oh my goodness, she looks like she has all the knowledge of the world in those eyes....What a gorgeous little girl, congratulations!

:wubclub:

mom2many

Super Moderator
Jul 3, 2008
melba, Idaho
Congratulations! She is beautiful, absolutely a doll!

Funny how births are all so different, after giving birth 6 times the only thing I learned is that there is no such thing as a birth plan. Only an idea of how you would like the birth to go.

cybele

PF Addict
Feb 27, 2012
Australia
On my last one with Sash, I was so sick of filling out the things, that I wrote "I plan for him to come out"

Midwife didn't find that funny. I did.

NancyM

PF Addict
Jul 2, 2010
New York
She's just beautiful OMG I can't believe she was just born she looks so alert and healthy, just beautiful.

We just don't know what will happen during labor, so at least everything went well and she and you are safe and healthy.

Congratulations, she's a doll.

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Wow I can't believe she is a newborn she's downright gorgeous! Doesn't look all Wrinkly and alien like and out of it like normal newborns lol. Looks like she's super alert and happy. :) sucks about the birth going so long and all but all that matters is she's here and healthy! You did a good job. :) Congrats.

Antoinette

PF Addict
Mar 2, 2010
Australia
she is beautiful, congratulations and well done on bringing such a gorgeous little girl into the world, she looks so alert, not like a newborn at all :) it's crazy...

CeenRodriguez

Jan 15, 2013
Rocky Point, NY 11778
So adorable... :) Congratulations!!!
A baby is a little miracle. It's always heartwarming to see one... Aubrey Jade is a beautiful name for a beautiful baby... Wishing all the best for her... :)

bssage

Super Moderator
Oct 20, 2008
Iowa
Yep I can tell this one is trouble.

See if you had a mean looking baby. slightly less cute. Well then you can stick to your strict parenting plan.

This baby is going to have you and hubby folding like a house of cards. I'm guessin she could ask dad for fifty bucks and the keys to the car RIGHT NOW. And you would back her play while dad caved in.

I know that smile. Thats the smile that say's "Your going to wish the room smelled like smoke after you pull this diaper back."

So obviously: now you know. You know why parents say it impossible to explain how one short moment as you set eyes on and feel your baby for the first time. How that one little moment is so truly huge: its indescribable.

That smile: sleepy look: and her WTH where did my hands go expression. Your in deep.

Congratulations she is a cutey.

Thanks for sharing. Made my day.

VeggieMomma

PF Enthusiast
Dec 2, 2012
Homosassa, FL
Haha xD Yep. She already has us wrapped around her fingers... Although, Im sure her daddy will be the one to fold every time where as I might be a little harder to trick, haha :p It is indescribable :) I love being a mommy. It is a wonderful thing.

Thank you very much :)