Baby has dropped...

stjohnjulie

PF Addict
Aug 9, 2010
St. John, VI
Last week I woke up and noticed my belly had dropped. Had a prenatal visit and it was confirmed....baby is making his final approach! I'm not dilated or thinned, but the little guy is in 'floating' position. I now wobble around and am feeling the pressure on my pubic bone and lower back. Looks like this guy is coming sooner rather than later! I always thought he would be early, but I hope he stays where he is for awhile longer. I'm due 12/17, but I would be surprised if he made it to December. Feeling like it's crunch time!!!!

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Ooohh how exciting!!!! :D He's getting ready to make his big entrance (or should I say exit lol)! I hope you can get lots of rest and stay off your feet, I know its not comfortable to be at this stage haha. Keep us updated, I can't wait to hear about his arrival!

mom2many

Super Moderator
Jul 3, 2008
melba, Idaho
Congrat's!

I always dropped weeks before mine would actually deliver. My kids would always notice it to. They said I would go from a mild waddle to looking like a duck.....they're right cause that is how I would notice it, I went from a mild weeble to a full on waddle LOL.

stjohnjulie

PF Addict
Aug 9, 2010
St. John, VI
Oh yes, the waddle! :D I am walking with a waddle and just not too steady on my feet altogether. From the back, I don't look pregnant at all, so I keep think people are thinking "wow! That lady is drunk and it's only 9am!" Then when they see the front side..."AND SHE IS PREGNANT!!! It is not uncommon to have people drunk in the morning here....tourist location, lots of tropical drinks...happy hour starts at 8am at some places.

I can't even call my husband any more without shouting out first thing "Everything is fine!!!" It's his first baby, and he is so excited. He's pretty jumpy now that the baby has dropped though, it's really cute :D

mom2many

Super Moderator
Jul 3, 2008
melba, Idaho
That's cute that he is so excited. Do you have everything packed and ready, I never do and then think how stupid I was cause I know better. Thankfully my kids are always able to find everything cause other wise I would be leaving the hospital stinky and in the same clothes.

stjohnjulie

PF Addict
Aug 9, 2010
St. John, VI
Funny you mention it... I just told the husband last night, "Honey, it's time to dig the suitcase out of the shed." If I left it up to my husband and son to pack, I'd have a pair of skinny jeans to wear home from the hospital, maybe a toothbrush, my special blankie (yes, I know I'm almost 37, but I just love it!), and maybe a handful of diapers. :D I'll pack the bag, thank you!

Yesterday the little guy was totally kicking the crap out of me. He is running out of room for such fancy maneuvers. I thought he was trying to come out through a different avenue. Eventually it made me have a pretty good contraction. It settled him down to feel the squeeze. Still was kicking, but he kept it to smaller movements.

lola

PF Regular
Jul 15, 2010
I'm excited for you guys, hope they won't kick out their way too soon and wait until they're due. Lol

Congratz to both!

NancyM

PF Addict
Jul 2, 2010
New York
0OOOh that's so exciting Stjohn..I remember those last weeks. I couldn't get out of my own way.

Max was 2 weeks late and big at that point so we induced him..he was 9 lbs 12 oz.

Good luck.

stjohnjulie

PF Addict
Aug 9, 2010
St. John, VI
He is even lower now! The past two days the contractions are more frequent, but not regular or anything. I will be 37 weeks on Friday, and I've given the little guy strict instruction to stay put until then.

I am uncomfortable in a lot of ways. He doesn't have much room to move, so when he does, it kind of hurts. Also in a really pissy mood for no good reason. I am especially hating that. Any of you get like that during the last stages??? I don't remember being like that with my first, but that was 9 1/2 years ago, so I have forgotten a lot.

I can't wait to see what this little guy is going to look like! And I hope he doesn't weigh anywhere close to 9lbs 12ozs!!! OUCH NancyM!!!

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
Good Luck Julie, hang in there. Heck, I was pissy Sunday just because I had a headache....this gives me some perspective - thanks.

Oh, and BTW, DS1, was 1 week past due and 11 lbs 2 oz....

stjohnjulie

PF Addict
Aug 9, 2010
St. John, VI
IADad said:
Oh, and BTW, DS1, was 1 week past due and 11 lbs 2 oz....
JEEZE IADad! Are you trying to totally freak me out?!? Please tell me that mom didn't delivery him vaginally! My son was 15 days early, 6lbs 14ozs....and that was plenty big enough to tear me up! Although son wants me to give birth to a toddler....I really hope I don't :D

stjohnjulie

PF Addict
Aug 9, 2010
St. John, VI
BTW IADad.... I was a little 'slow' when it came to your screen name. I was calling you I a Dad for a long time before I realized you are Iowa Dad....duh. The way I was saying it, is how a West Indian would say it :D

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
stjohnjulie said:
JEEZE IADad! Are you trying to totally freak me out?!? Please tell me that mom didn't delivery him vaginally! My son was 15 days early, 6lbs 14ozs....and that was plenty big enough to tear me up! Although son wants me to give birth to a toddler....I really hope I don't :D
LOL, we joke that HE drove US home from the hospital. Yes, the two most asked questions...Yes, she had a C-section and No, she did not have gestational diabetes.

We never did get to use any of the bewborn clothes we got as gifts, I think the samlledt thing he was in was in was a 3-6 mo, and that wasn't for long. DS2 was a c-section a week early and he came in just under 10 lbs. but he's bigger both height and weight at 4 years now than DS1...He's going to be a giant. (and I can't believe he's going to be 4 in a couple of weeks.)

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
stjohnjulie said:
BTW IADad.... I was a little 'slow' when it came to your screen name. I was calling you I a Dad for a long time before I realized you are Iowa Dad....duh. The way I was saying it, is how a West Indian would say it :D
U a mom? LOL

Yes, you, know I thought it was completely intutitive but I get how others who are not so Iowa-centric don't necessarily get it, so congrats for getting at all albeit "late."

Antoinette

PF Addict
Mar 2, 2010
Australia
haha i never got the IADad thing.. still don't really understand it but i guess IA is the the shortened version of Iowa (not that it's really required lol) dim Aussie i guess lol..

my son was 10 lbs 8 oz

(weird how we still say it like that even though i have no idea what it means in relation to the metric system... its just how we measure babies lol)

stjohnjulie

PF Addict
Aug 9, 2010
St. John, VI
Antoinette, did you have a c-section? You look waaaaaay too tiny to give birth to a baby that big!

IADad, how tall are you? Those sound like some BIG kids!

The West Indian accent is odd, and the way they string the words together is much different than the way they put it where I grew up (Michigan). It is common for people here to call pregnant women "bred up", instead of pregnant. I HATE to hear people say that. I told my husband that if he EVER called me that, he could expect a smack in the face. Not condoning violence, just trying to say how disgusting I think it is :)

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
Antoinette said:
haha i never got the IADad thing.. still don't really understand it but i guess IA is the the shortened version of Iowa (not that it's really required lol) dim Aussie i guess lol..

my son was 10 lbs 8 oz

(weird how we still say it like that even though i have no idea what it means in relation to the metric system... its just how we measure babies lol)
Yes, IA is the postal abbreviation for Iowa, kind of like your Postcodes. All the states have two letter abbrev for use in mailing addresses, some make more sense than others.