Bad Christmas?...

1dayatatime

PF Addict
Oct 3, 2007
AZ
If it helps my Christmas was super sucky too. Super sick husband, bratty step daughter, dual ear infections son. Instant replay...."o another barbie." doll tossed to the ground...eyes roll. Santas bringing a HUGE sack of coal next year.

Trina

PF Addict
Jun 10, 2007
CT
I'm sorry you had a bad Christmas. {{{HUGS}}} Mine was sucky, too. I ended up in the hospital. :(

Trina

PF Addict
Jun 10, 2007
CT
Thanks, fallon. I'll spare you all the details, but it's time to stop postponing a hysterectomy.

PennQuaker09

PF Fiend
Oct 8, 2007
Durham, NC
I don't know if mentioned it, I haven't been home (as in to Alabama) since August 2006. So, I haven't seen most of my family since maybe early 2006. Now, I have to mention that during this time, I fly back to New Orleans to participate in Commencement AND I had my commitment ceremony/wedding. EVERYONE was invited to BOTH. And for the ceremony, my dad even paid for plane tickets and hotel rooms, so if they didn't come it wasn't because the could not afford to, which is besides the point because they all could have, but they didn't come because they didn't want to.

Anyway, so what we decided to do was fly to Atlanta and spend Christmas Eve with Nate's family, and we drove to my dad's house here in Hoover, that night. So, obviously it's trickled down that we're having kids. Most of the people that I haven't seen truly seemed happy for us, but there's always one person that just has to start shit. So, everyone is having a good time and I was in the kitchen and my aunt Heather comes up and asks me how are we paying for the surrogacy. I was kind of surprised, but it's not really a big deal (or at least I didn't think so), so I told her that part of it is being paid for by a trust that my grandfather left me and part of it by Nate's family. Well, she looks at me dead in the face and goes, I don't think <I>my father </I>would accept your <U><I>lifestyle </I></U>and you shouldn't use family money for your <U><I>sins</I>.</U>

So, I didn't really know what to do at first. But then I just got so freaking angry. Like, I might be gay, but I'm a proper Southern gentleman, but I seriously flipped out. I have never cursed in the vicinity of my grandmother, but I laid into her - big time.

I don't understand why she had to say that.

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
Oh hun, that is aweful! I'm pretty sure what she did is a much bigger sin then 2 committed adults in a committed relationship that have enough love to share with 2 children!! That woman... well that is a special kind of person there!!

I would have come to your wedding!! lol

Don't let them get to you, I know easier said then done.

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
oh penn....I'm so sorry that you aunt is dumb as rocks honey. I'm glad you told her off though.

FooserX

PF Addict
Jul 11, 2007
Denver
Okay...what is the deal with PennQuaker?

I thought you were a girl...but then some people called you Trever. Then I see you're gay, but you're having kids.

What is the short version of your situation?

Are you marrying another guy? And you're having some other girl have a baby for you?

I tried not asking questions, but I just keep getting more and more confused.

FooserX

PF Addict
Jul 11, 2007
Denver
1dayatatime said:
Instant replay...."o another barbie." doll tossed to the ground...eyes roll. Santas bringing a HUGE sack of coal next year.

You are so funny 1day!

Last night, my son was being a pain over some toys (I can't remember the specifics), and I was like "Well you just got a whole bunch of toys for Christmas." His response was "I didn't get a lot, I just got a little."

lol...

I know he's just being a toddler, and doesn't understand what he's saying, but I really just wanted to use his head for bowling. Ugh! So ungrateful!

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
FooserX said:

I thought you were a girl...but then some people called you Trever. Then I see you're gay, but you're having kids.

Are you marrying another guy? And you're having some other girl have a baby for you?

where have you been? lol Yes he is a guy, his name is Trevor, his "husband" is Nate. They just had a commitment ceramony a month ago? I think thats when it was. They have a woman who is carrying their child. They did artficial insemenation with both of their sperm, that way the babies are.. well they don't know, so they are both of theirs. Yes I said babies, the "mom" is pregnant with twins.
ummm thats all I got. lol

PennQuaker09

PF Fiend
Oct 8, 2007
Durham, NC
FooserX said:

Hilarious.

1dayatatime

PF Addict
Oct 3, 2007
AZ
Penn I've very sorry your aunt felt so bold as to tell you how to spend your money and to judge your life. I will say on a personal level i dont totally agree with your sistuation but I would never in a million years keep you or anyone else from being happy. It is not my place, your aunts or anyone elses to judge how and what you do in your lifetime. I often remind myself if I dont have something nice to say to just keep my mouth shut. I might have backhanded her in your place. Things are changing more everyday I still have a slim amount of hope for the human race. Keep your head up. We cant pick our family, damn it.

PennQuaker09

PF Fiend
Oct 8, 2007
Durham, NC
1dayatatime said:
Penn I've very sorry your aunt felt so bold as to tell you how to spend your money and to judge your life. I will say on a personal level i dont totally agree with your sistuation but I would never in a million years keep you or anyone else from being happy. It is not my place, your aunts or anyone elses to judge how and what you do in your lifetime. I often remind myself if I dont have something nice to say to just keep my mouth shut. I might have backhanded her in your place. Things are changing more everyday I still have a slim amount of hope for the human race. Keep your head up. We cant pick our family, damn it.
Can I ask you what it is that you don't completely agree with? I have to admit that I do wonder if we made the right decision. Not because I'm unsure, but I think just with the country we live in, we don't know how people we accept us. And I already dread the day that I have to explain to them about their parents, but I have faith that everything will work out.