Bad Christmas?...

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
It will work out Penn! have you looked into support groups. There are so many gay adoptions and such now a days that there is bound to be some group out there that can help answer questions and such for you.

1dayatatime

PF Addict
Oct 3, 2007
AZ
PennQuaker09 said:
Can I ask you what it is that you don't completely agree with? I have to admit that I do wonder if we made the right decision. Not because I'm unsure, but I think just with the country we live in, we don't know how people we accept us. And I already dread the day that I have to explain to them about their parents, but I have faith that everything will work out.
Keep in mind I'm in AZ. We still have "cowboys". In my 33 years I have never met someone with had two parents of the same sex. I have only met maybe three people that had a gay family member. IMO it's really tough to be a kid and adding the extra dynamic of having two dads will be hard for a kid to wrap their head around. I do believe that having a vagina does not make you a mother. When I met my husband he lived with his male cousin and the two of they would take care of DD on the weekends. I do believe that you will be able to provide a happy healthy environment...without a doubt. It's more of what everyone else will do that worries me. Here in AZ if two men were walking down the street holding hands I do believe they would be attacked.

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
I think it does depend on where you live. Bigger cities are going to usually be better behaved. I grew up with both a mom and dad, but I lived with my mom who was gay. At first it was hard being around other kids, not many knew that my mom was gay. But as I grew older, it became more normal for me and thus more open about it. I didn't grow up with it though, I was 9 when my mom moved in with her girlfriend, so it wasn't "normal" at first, by the time I was 11, it was just life and I rarely had anyone ever even mention it at school.

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
Penn I think as long as you and Nate are ready to parents the rest will just come naturally. It sounds to me that you guys didn't enter into all this lightly so I wouldn't worry so much about the rest. Be honest with your kids and be the best dad and huband you can be and everything else will eventually fall into place. Things may be hard at times but all you can do is stand by nate and kids through everything and above all else.

veronicadavis

PF Enthusiast
Dec 28, 2007
Ft belvoir VA
Now I feel bad...we had a nice Christmas. I bought a bunch of used toys from craigslist and my kids didn't know the difference. But I have the type of daughter that if I drew a smiley face and wrapped it she would tell me it was the best gift ever, lol. My boys were happy to have trucks (even if they were obviously used) and my baby was too tiny to know the difference. I did get mad at my husband for playing World of Warcraft though(he's always on it). I wanted to give my 3 year old coal for being a trouble maker all year long, but I didn't have the heart to go through with it, he's still little after all.

veronicadavis

PF Enthusiast
Dec 28, 2007
Ft belvoir VA
For 2 years of my relationship my husband, he and I lived in separate states, we hardly got to see each other at all, I went to visit him for 2 weeks and he sat at his computer the WHOLE time. I HATE WoW. (I may be exaggerating a bit, he got off once in a while because he got me pregnant) ....(*lol, he got off the computer, ahem*)

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
lol, I bet he did!!!!

My husband and I both play, but we share accounts and play when Nichole is in bed. So no fighting and definately does not take the place of being a parent

veronicadavis

PF Enthusiast
Dec 28, 2007
Ft belvoir VA
yeah, my husband has been cutting back lately....apparently it causes problems in many relationships. I tried to play but he was just sitting over my shoulder telling me what to do and so I couldn't learn. Same thing happened when he tried to teach me to drive, lol. btw, my sig is too big apparently and i need a smaller one, is there any way you can take the pics i have of my kids and make em smaller and pretty like yours??

jtee

Banned
Jun 24, 2007
PennQuaker09 said:
LOL, I was referring to Fooser. He cracks me up. He must have been living under a HUGE rock!
Has he been flirting with you too, along with Lissa, Fallon, Kaytee, among others? ;). That's the only reason he comes here everyday. He even has his own thread.

PennQuaker09

PF Fiend
Oct 8, 2007
Durham, NC
jtee said:
Has he been flirting with you too, along with Lissa, Fallon, Kaytee, among others? ;). That's the only reason he comes here everyday. He even has his own thread.
I don't think he has, but I Kaytee and I did mess with him a little bit in the Celebrity crush thread. You're funny.

FooserX said:
lol...Jtee stop!

Well...now that you mention it...Trevor <I>is</I> a handsome man.

*ponders things*
Don't even go there buddy!

evilbrent

PF Addict
Sep 4, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
veronicadavis said:
For 2 years of my relationship my husband, he and I lived in separate states, we hardly got to see each other at all, I went to visit him for 2 weeks and he sat at his computer the WHOLE time. I HATE WoW. (I may be exaggerating a bit, he got off once in a while because he got me pregnant) ....(*lol, he got off the computer, ahem*)
someone died recently playing wow for 58 hours straight.

evilbrent

PF Addict
Sep 4, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
my christmas was great.

all four grandparents went around to beth's parents' house. a few interstate aunties and cousins. five kids under 5.

the most controversial thing that happened was that no-one noticed that when they all closed their eyes to say grace that me, my mum and my dad all sat there quietly looking at each other trying to keep a straight face... it's such a silly ritual. nice. but silly.

after lunch we all went out through the back fence to play in the park. soon the kids will be old enough to go out there without supervision...

... true, beth's older brother continued to not make eye contact with me, let alone talk to me, but his wife is lovely and we all had a nice day. I still don't quite know what his problem is, but I'm over it. This intense, angry awkwardness he seems to feel around me is his own problem - I think that it stems from some anger that he had for me about 9 years ago (shortly before I, the atheist, married his sister) and he initially solved it by pretending that I don't exist... and then found that to be such a comfortable solution that he continues it even though I've been nothing but completely civil to him for more than a decade now.

... but as, I said, I'm completely ok with that now. I've decided to just go with the flow when I'm at their family's house now, and it's so much nicer because of that.

jenilouise

PF Addict
Oct 20, 2007
Oregon
Penn I am so sorry! I somewhat identify seeing as my aunt cut me out of her life when I had Natalia because Natalia is mixed. It hurts but though I was raised to have southern grace it felt better to call her a close minded ignorant b!*$#.