Bad habits...

Aunt

PF Fanatic
Nov 4, 2007
so parents have recently posted about the TV in the bedroom debate or how much they eat out & I thought it would be fun to start a bad habits thread. What do you do that is un pc, bad for the kids or just wrong
Ill start with a few of mine
1. too much time at work.
2. not nearly strict enough about what my niece can and cant watch or listen to
3. Must cook wholesome dinners more and not feed he kido lean cuisine and takeout as much

gr8mom

PF Fanatic
Mar 1, 2008
Texas
Okay, I'll bite. I don't make sure they eat healthy foods enough, I let them watch too much T.V. I'm not consistant as I should be with their punishments. I argue with their father in front of them. I use sweets as rewards. I occasionally let them get me angry. I sometimes spoil them.

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
*I let my kids watch too much TV.
*I don't make them wear socks or slippers even though the floor is cold sometime (this drives my MIL crazy)
*Half the time Logan runs around in only his diaper
*I have been known to raise my voice at them
*I sometimes forget to make my daughter do her homework

ElliottCarasDad

PF Addict
Sep 10, 2008
Iowa
Sometimes after a shower I walk around with Q-tips sticking in my ears. Well now my 2 year old walks around with crayons stuck in his.

16th ave.

PF Addict
Jan 4, 2009
East Texas
we let them eat too much junk food, and we smoke...:( cigarettes! (don't go gettin any ideas...i can hardly touch a margarita w/out feeling it right off the bat... lol )

NinJaBob

PF Addict
Sep 29, 2008
Ohio
<LIST>

• <LI>
  • I too have been known to raise my voice.</LI>
    <LI>
  • I sometimes do selfish things like play guitar when I should be playing with the kids

They're are proly more just ask my wife or MIL or mother</LI>
</LIST>

bssage

Super Moderator
Oct 20, 2008
Iowa
I have quite a few bad personal habits. But I always explain and re-explain that they are bad and I wish I had never started them.

As far as the kids go:

DD can do no wrong in my eyes.

Example tonight she dumped an entire bottle of baby powder in the bathroom. Then she took off her clothes and rolled around in it and rubbed it all over her face.

DW was mad. I was like OOOH my little national geographic baby ( she looked like little white face warrier). Then proceeded to get on DW and DS case for leaving it where she could get to it.

With me its always someone elses fault when she get into trouble. I know it makes DS and DW mad. I just cant help myself.

wsssspr: <I>It usually is thier fault</I>

mom2many

Super Moderator
Jul 3, 2008
melba, Idaho
I let mine eat to much junk.
I let the older ones curse, within reason, never at anyone.
I let them watch to much tv and play to long on the video games.

Those are probably the worst, I am sure there are more. I am linent(sp?) on one hand, and a hardass on the other.

gregjohn1229

PF Enthusiast
Jan 8, 2009
PhilBilly said:
<LIST>

• <LI>
  • I too have been known to raise my voice.</LI>
    <LI>
  • I sometimes do selfish things like play guitar when I should be playing with the kids

They're are proly more just ask my wife or MIL or mother</LI>
</LIST>
hey i can relate i am a gutiarist in singer so i often am composing some material when i should be attending to my kids.

I also smoke ciggaretts, trying to quit
I can be a pushover

AmyBelle

PF Fiend
Apr 20, 2008
Australia
I let Rebekah eat lollies.
I let her play outside without shoes.
I dont have crazy-ass parental locks on the t.v/internet/whatever else you can put a lock on these days.
I'll occasionally curse infront of my kids.

gr8mom

PF Fanatic
Mar 1, 2008
Texas
AmyBelle said:
I let Rebekah eat lollies.
I let her play outside without shoes.
I dont have crazy-ass parental locks on the t.v/internet/whatever else you can put a lock on these days.
I'll occasionally curse infront of my kids.
The next to last one is only bad if you have channels which are wildly inappropriate for child viewing which your child can access on their own, and if your child is old enough to surf the internet.

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Yeah I don't think that matters with a four year old. Try that with a 15 year old boy. :)

I spoil Eli a lot.
I spend way too much money on his clothes.
I don't make him eat as healthy as he should, and he totally gets candy sometimes.
I put him to bed really late.
Sometimes I let him sleep with me.
Half the time he's running in a diaper like Logan haha. They'd be good buddies I think.
I let him play with our cell phones.
We swear in front of him sometimes without thinking.
Sometimes I yell at him.