Be your locale's promotion board....

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
After reading several of Rosa's posts about Wales, I suddenly feel the need to move there.

What about where you live? What makes where you live a great place? Sell us on it!

As for me - I live in Iowa, US. My area is still pretty small townish, we have a large university nearby, so that brings a bit of cultural diversity and a boat load of "tolerance." which makes it a vibrant interesting place to live.

Violent crime is pretty low, you can probably get away with leaving your homes or cars unlocked if you are so inclined.

We are about at the mid point for both income and cost of living.

We have great schools.

and if you like a "Change of seasons" you'd like it here. Our summers usually range up into the 90's F, our winters dip below zero.

Come have our Sweet Corn!

Rosa

PF Enthusiast
Jun 30, 2009
Wales
Well, I'm going to make you fall in love with Wales even more now!

I live about twenty minutes from we also have a modern university campus, there are more students than residents! The The national library of wales.

We have a beautiful coast lines and cliffs, Constitution hill has a cliff rail way.

Polly!The best shop in the world!!!

We have English and Welsh primary schools, one Welsh secondary school 11-16 and one English secondary school.

We have the lowest crime rate in the UK, Devils bridge supposedly a Welsh woman outwitted the Devil.

We have a climate far warmer than the rest of the UK due to the gulf stream, it also means when the weather is rough the whole sea front closes down as boulders are hurled onto the road!

Near by we have town centre with a lovely bin.

We get brilliant wild life in our sea as well, you can spot dolphins, whales (the free willy type) and leather back turtles.

mom2many

Super Moderator
Jul 3, 2008
melba, Idaho
Well let's see..Melba sits about 40 miles south of Boise idaho, right along the Snake River, which I want to add sit's almost out our front door, the river sits down in a canyon created millions of years ago by a valcano, there are deer, foxes, badgers and many more land animals. You can fish the river for bass, cat fish and few other's who names I can never remember.

We are technically considered the desert and we live in what is called the Treasure Valley, because we live on the valley floor, we are surrounded buy the Boise National Forrest, because we are surrounded by these mountians and sit on the valley floor we tend to get weather that is warmer then the rest of the state, we have all seasons and a good bit of snow, but our snow fall is usually far less then everwhere else.

That's just a few of the reason I love where we live.

Father_0f_7

PF Addict
Aug 19, 2008
F.I., Florida
Fleming Island, Fl...so small it's not even on the map. We used to be park of a town called Orange Park but in 2004 Fleming Island became a town of it's own.

Town's median household income is about $125,000 a year.

FI is pretty safe, nothing really happens here at all, we have never locked our doors at night, we've never had to. That's part of the reason we moved here.

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
Fallon wants us all to stay the H377 out of Michigan, so she's not telling us anything about the place.....