Becca - Soon to be mommy to Aubrey Jade...

VeggieMomma

PF Enthusiast
Dec 2, 2012
Homosassa, FL
Hello!

My name is Becca... Im 21, married for almost 2 years now (together for almost 9 years), pitbull/lab owner, and mommy to be!! My husband and I are vegetarians and will raise Aubrey as one too. I will be exclusively breast feeding and having a completely natural birth! She is due 12/9/12... Almost there!! :D Im a writer currently working on a novel... I graduated Southern New Hampshire University with my B.A. in Creative writing (focus in fiction)& English in March of this year... I have 4 younger siblings who I love to spend time with and my mom is my best friend :). I like being creative, artsy stuff, reading, etc. That's pretty much it for me!

bssage

Super Moderator
Oct 20, 2008
Iowa
Welcome. look around and have fun. Congratulations on your new family.

I love creative writing. What type of fiction is your go to inspiration?

I know I probably sound like a jerk in your other thread. Please keep in mind we have all sorts of people from different backgrounds here. Its kinda rare finding something we all agree on. I almost expect people here to challenge my assumptions on things. Which I think has value as it take me outside my head and makes me look at stuff from different perspective's. We also have some family professional's and scholars who make us think from time to time. It is a pretty diverse group.

Take the time to have some fun and get to know some of the posters. Dissenting opinions are a little easier to digest if you know a little about the poster.

Welcome: Congratulations: have fun.
Bryan

VeggieMomma

PF Enthusiast
Dec 2, 2012
Homosassa, FL
bssage said:
Welcome. look around and have fun. Congratulations on your new family.

I love creative writing. What type of fiction is your go to inspiration?

I know I probably sound like a jerk in your other thread. Please keep in mind we have all sorts of people from different backgrounds here. Its kinda rare finding something we all agree on. I almost expect people here to challenge my assumptions on things. Which I think has value as it take me outside my head and makes me look at stuff from different perspective's. We also have some family professional's and scholars who make us think from time to time. It is a pretty diverse group.

Take the time to have some fun and get to know some of the posters. Dissenting opinions are a little easier to digest if you know a little about the poster.

Welcome: Congratulations: have fun.
Bryan
Thank you! :)

My novel is a murder/romance but I honestly write a lot more poetry/prose than anything. I have a blog through tumblr where I share a lot of writing/parenting/pregnancy stuff, haha.

As far as inspiration, I just read A LOT. Whether it's books, newspapers, pieces from other writers on blogs like Tumblr, etc.. When we lived in NYC I did a lot of people watching (which is always fun, haha.)

It's alright. I think that I would have been understood better if I included more background. It was late and I was upset and frustrated when I posted it and probably should have shared more than I did in order for you all to understand exactly where I am coming from. I understand that everyone has their own views and opinions, as well.

VeggieMomma

PF Enthusiast
Dec 2, 2012
Homosassa, FL
mom2many said:
Welcome to the board!

I am Jennifer a SAHM to 8. My oldest is 21 and my youngest is 3.

Im one of five in my family... Im also the oldest at 21. My siblings are 19,15,13, and 8! :D

Nice to meet you!

mom2many

Super Moderator
Jul 3, 2008
melba, Idaho
VeggieMomma said:

Im one of five in my family... Im also the oldest at 21. My siblings are 19,15,13, and 8! :D

Nice to meet you!
I am the oldest of 5. I am {cough, cough} 40, my siblings are 32, 21, 19 and one who was placed for adoption and is 16. I've been in contact with him for about a year now. I have kids the same ages as my younger siblings, and some are older then them :)

bssage

Super Moderator
Oct 20, 2008
Iowa
VeggieMomma said:
I honestly write a lot more poetry/prose than anything.
Thats super cool. I took "The Cremation of Sam Magee" (msp)to All State in Iowa HS to win. Now nobody has ever heard about that poem making it hard to brag about HS. I dont get to read much of that type of stuff anymore. I kinda miss that.

VeggieMomma

PF Enthusiast
Dec 2, 2012
Homosassa, FL

Yeah, I am sorry to say I have never heard of it.. That is awesome though!

You should absolutely check out the writing/lit community on tumblr if you are looking for some good reads :) I really enjoy it.

cybele

PF Addict
Feb 27, 2012
Australia
Hi Becca,

My name is Cybele, I am Mum to 5 (plus one extra we have living with us) plus 4 cats, so it's like 4 extra hairy and always grumpy children who sit on your head. I am a bridal florist and am also a vegetarian :) all my kids were raised vegetarian too.

VeggieMomma

PF Enthusiast
Dec 2, 2012
Homosassa, FL
Hello Cybele! Nice to meet you :)

I have one pitbull/lab puppy :) He just turned 2 and we have had him since he was 3 months old. He's my furry baby, haha. I spoil him... He loves to cuddle though and it's super adorable! xD I think him and my daughter will grow to be best friends :)

LOL! We had a cat once before and he was SO evil D: We ended up finding a new home for him because he just wouldn't stop attacking me all the time! LOL

That's awesome that you are also vegetarian!! I would love some advice on raising a vegetarian baby if you wouldn't mind :) I am thinking that I want to do baby led weaning and I will be breast feeding until she decides she is sick of me, haha :)

VeggieMomma

PF Enthusiast
Dec 2, 2012
Homosassa, FL
Thanks! You can PM with any advice or research if you'd like or we could always talk over skype, etc... I am always interested in learning new things :)

singledad

PF Addict
Oct 26, 2009
South Africa
Hey, welcome!

I love writing too, although I'm strictly amateur where that is concerned! I'd love to read your blog - why don't you add it as your homepage in your profile?

akmom

PF Fiend
May 22, 2012
United States
Your daughter will have a beautiful name, I love it. That's awesome that you've known your husband for so long. My husband and I also married young (not quite as young as you, but close) and we have loved "growing up together." We have 3 kids.

Shaun Austin

Banned
Oct 22, 2012
Hi welcome, Im Shaun (one of the few Brits on here). I'm a Teacher and Counsellor at the Sixth Form College my eldest two kids happen to study at too. I used to be a paramedic and have been married to Charlotte my wife for almost 22 years (we were both 21 when we married). We had Sam (number 1) when we were 25 and Callum our second was born just under a year later, finally we had three and four (four being our only girl so far) we're now expecting two more. Anyway welcome to the world of having a family and the board.

Last edited:

VeggieMomma

PF Enthusiast
Dec 2, 2012
Homosassa, FL
akmom said:
Your daughter will have a beautiful name, I love it. That's awesome that you've known your husband for so long. My husband and I also married young (not quite as young as you, but close) and we have loved "growing up together." We have 3 kids.
Thank you so much!! My husband picked it out :) I think he did a great job, hehe.

Yeah, we've been together since we were 12... It's crazy when we sit down and talk about how long we have been together. We were each others first every things, haha.

That's awesome! :)

I hope to have 4 kids but we're still discussing how many we want, hehe. My husband is from NYC and eventually he would like to move back into the city so we would have to plan out how we could afford 4 kids and a nice place to live... Im hoping it will work out though. We have plenty of time for planning for now, I suppose! :)

VeggieMomma

PF Enthusiast
Dec 2, 2012
Homosassa, FL
Shaun Austin said:
Hi welcome, Im Shaun (one of the few Brits on here). I'm a Teacher and Counsellor at the Sixth Form College my eldest two kids happen to study at too. I used to be a paramedic and have been married to Charlotte my wife for almost 20 years (we were both 21 when we married). We had Sam (number 1) when we were 25 and Callum our second was born just under a year later, finally we had three and four (four being our only girl so far) we're now expecting two more. Anyway welcome to the world of having a family and the board.
Hello!! It's nice to meet you! It sounds like you have a beautiful family!! I love big families :) Growing up with my four siblings was wonderful and I hope to have four babies of my own one day :). Congrats on the pregnancy and thank you again!! :)