Been a while...t...

kdryan

PF Fanatic
Jan 2, 2009
Fort Wayne, In
You all probably don't remember me, but I posted quite a bit for a while there. Thought I might kick things up again... :)

Kevin

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Hey Kevin! I definitely remember you. :) Good to see you again! How's it going?

kdryan

PF Fanatic
Jan 2, 2009
Fort Wayne, In
Not bad. Work sucks, but the money is good. Wife is as lovely as ever. Caught my 9 yo son bidding on a dirt bike on eBay today...

Incogneato

PF Fanatic
Feb 9, 2011
I just joined fairly recently so I don't remember you, but glad that you decided to come back and chat with us.

I hope your son didn't win that auction, and if he did, I hope it was a great deal lol.

kdryan

PF Fanatic
Jan 2, 2009
Fort Wayne, In
Thanks, y'all...

No, he didn't win, but it seems fairly obvious a dirt bike is in his future. He seems pretty hooked on them. I just need a way to make him work for it...

Kevin

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Sounds like he's pretty determined! lol At least you can say he has passion! :D

kdryan

PF Fanatic
Jan 2, 2009
Fort Wayne, In
We sat down tonight and figured up a chore list to be done over the next month to earn his bike. We had stopped at a Yamaha shop to look at bikes and he seemed a bit disappointed he wouldn't be getting a new one, but once I explained that it wasn't just the cost of the bike, but also buying a trailer, having a hitch installed on the van, helmet, riding gear, etc. he was okay with that.

teenage_parent

PF Enthusiast
Apr 15, 2011
kdryan said:
We sat down tonight and figured up a chore list to be done over the next month to earn his bike. We had stopped at a Yamaha shop to look at bikes and he seemed a bit disappointed he wouldn't be getting a new one, but once I explained that it wasn't just the cost of the bike, but also buying a trailer, having a hitch installed on the van, helmet, riding gear, etc. he was okay with that.

Hey, i ride. i know what i am about to say will not be welcomed but this is coming from someone who rides. here goes - injuries will happen. it's a risk in any sport, especially on extreme sports.

if he gets hooked on it. no matter how careful he becomes, he is bound to get hurt so prepare youself too but as long as he takes all precautions, he will be able to minimize it.

injuries aside, i believe getting into a sport is healthy. i'm excited for him.

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
Hey Kevin, Welcome back. Good luck with the dirt bike era. At least it'll give you plenty to post about for a while.