been away for a while...

Jordy

PF Fanatic
Apr 12, 2010
Perth, WA
Hey guys, sorry i have been away for so long. i have had an interesting couple of months with Aimee, Caidy and Cam.

<U>quick run down</U>

we took Aimee home (for the second time in a week) and by the time we got home her mum called and told us that she had gone missing again after they had got in a screaming match over the pregnancy etc. we assumes that she was on another bus to come back to Andrew and I so i told her to give it a week before she worried too much (she had only just done this) anyway there was no word from her to either of us and 9 days had passed with her mother calling me every day for updates which i did not have.

after 14 days Andrew, Caidance, Camryn and I got on a plane and flew over there. we put on an all and out search involving police and everything because we had still heard nothing from her. after 22 days we found her living with a man in his 30's who she claimed to love and refused to go back to her mothers house because she was too judgmental and didn't love her etc etc (a teenagers rant) because she is only 15 we dragged her from the house back to her mothers house to re negotiate her coming to live in WA with us.

her mother still said no so we are currently in a court case for us to get Full custody of Aimee because she is clearly not happy where she is and this is the only solution i can think of..

so yeah thats pretty much it LOL sorry i haven't been on in so long

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
Sorry to hear there's been so much drama in your life and glad that Aimee is at least safe. That's so scary! I hope you can make her understand how risky and scary the situation is.

Too bad her mom doesn't see that there are better situations available. I'm sure her mothers' instinct is to "hold on," but clearly this girl has done some living beyond her years and a different approach is needed to guide her to adulthood at this point.

We've missed you and your input here.

JessicaMadison

PF Enthusiast
Dec 27, 2008
Holy cow Jordy! That is some horrible drama. I hope that everything will work out for Aimee. (And for you!) That's quite a situation. I wish you the best of luck!

mom2many

Super Moderator
Jul 3, 2008
melba, Idaho
Glad to see your update although better news would have been nicer :(.

I feel bad for you guys, what a horrible situation. Why won't the mom just let her live with you? At this point it is clear that something is wrong at home. As a mom I would hate it but it is better then my DD running off with some 30 year old perv.

Good luck to you guys! How are the two youngest doing? Have they adjusted?

Jordy

PF Fanatic
Apr 12, 2010
Perth, WA
i think her mother has problems with Aimee moving across the country where she can no longer control her life (not that she is doing a lot of controlling as it is) but if i didn't think it was in Aimee's best interest i would not be pushing for this.. but i think her mother has done as much as she can do right now and Aimee needs a year or so at least to clear her head and change her attitude. she will be 16 next year and legallly allowed to live alone and have sex so i worry that if we don't rein her in a little before then she will end up again living with a 30,40,50 year old perv which is not what i want.

<U><I>AND</I></U>

Aimee has asked both her mother and i several times if she can come and live with Andrew and I..
i think she needs a parent who will be her <U>parent</U>.. not her <U>friend</U>

thanks for the welcome back though guys... next time i post i hope its with better news LOL sorry

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
I'm glad you're back, Jordy!! :) That's frustrating, all that is going down with Aimee. :( I am completely on your side, and I hope she gets the opportunity to live with you and make some changes with her life.

Jordy

PF Fanatic
Apr 12, 2010
Perth, WA
Thanks Xero :) i actually missed your insight when i was away i kept thinking i wonder what Xero would think about this LOL

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
bless you jordy for working so hard to give Aimee a chance. I know, you initiallly didn't really want to "let" Aimee come live with you, so I can see from your actions that you know things are going to work with her mom and she needs you, so bless you for taking the stance and fighting that fight!

I think you're right, she needs a parent, I hope you find a way to open her eyes to the danger of not only this guy, but her whole attitude and how it's jepardizing her future.

islakermom

Sep 24, 2010
Wow you guys sound like you have a rough situation on your hands. I have a 15 year old daughter as well, she has always thought she was older than she is and looks it too. My husband and I are normal parents, our kids have been raised properly, pretty basic, our daughter however has suddenly become defiant, disrepectful and downright obstinant. Now an outsider could think we are to blame, I on the other hand know better. I am completely dumbfounded by her new behavior, my first thought was drugs or alcohol, but I don't think so, I believe it is just a fight to be independent and break free from the pack, while we are still holding tight to her. A woman from my church said that teenagers are so horrible so that when the time comes parents are more than ready to set them free. So do what you can for her, let her know you are there for her, don't bash her mother, that could be a weapon she is trying to use for her advantage, unless you know for sure there is a real concern, teenagers are very good at playing the victim. All teenagers think their parents are trying to control their lives, I hear it every day, but there comes a point when you are no longer able to control them, this is a natural occuring process in the raising of the young, like any animal we are teaching them how to live on their own. It also sounds like the boyfriend needs a visit from the boys in blue, since it is against the law in every state to harbor a minor. Remember too, that even if you disagree with her mother, don't do it in front of Aimee, Good Luck to you and stand united with all her parents in an effort to get her back on the right track.