best underwear for 14 year old boy...

Jenny36

Banned
Mar 29, 2011
What do you mums buys? i buy breifs for mine gives them support its what they need at their age.

mom2many

Super Moderator
Jul 3, 2008
melba, Idaho
Whatever he wants to wear, nobody except the 4 year old wears briefs in my house. It's either boxers or boxer/briefs.

bssage

Super Moderator
Oct 20, 2008
Iowa
Its kinda personal choice. maybe put both in the drawer and see what he consistently chooses. But given the choice he probably wouldn't wear any.

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
I agree, whatever he wants to wear, a 14 year old is old enough to figure it out for himself and make his own decision. I don't have any man bits, but I think if I did I would want to wear boxer briefs. That's what DH likes, and they seem like the most comfortable option. DS (3.5) has a half and half mixture of briefs and boxer briefs in his drawer. He actually has a couple pairs of boxers too but he really doesn't wear those. I worry they'd be uncomfortable, but when he gets older if he wants me to buy them I totally will. They're his parts! lol He can support them however he wants, as long as he is wearing underwear, I don't care what kind.

Antoinette

PF Addict
Mar 2, 2010
Australia
Felix is still in nappies but when he is toilet trained and confidant i think boxer briefs as they give more support but seem comfortable still. but by 14 he can wear what ever he wants lol

3sACrowd228

PF Fanatic
Aug 2, 2010
UK
been a while but i agree, its personal choice really. My boys are more briefs than boxers but thats because my oldest son's wardrobe is decided by his fiance. :S lol

Trina

PF Addict
Jun 10, 2007
CT
My son prefers boxers. His choice. Never heard of them needing "support" at that age, or any other age, for that matter.

wanglung88

Banned
Apr 14, 2011
boxers are fine! When i was a kid, that's what I wore! No whitey tightys--they'll get made fun of... ahha

Incogneato

PF Fanatic
Feb 9, 2011
I'd suggest letting him try all of the options and let him decide which is more comfortable for him. Every guy is different and enjoys a different feel and support, especially depending on what activities they do.

Coming2

May 6, 2011
Definitely boxer/briefs. They have the comfort of briefs and support them alot better in my opinion.

Domoviye

May 4, 2011
Nanjing China
Let him decide.
When you go shopping tell him to grab whatever type he wants and do your own shopping while he chooses.
Its the least embarrassing and most efficient way.

Scott

Jun 19, 2011
I think it really depends on the person. Both of my sons had always worn briefs, and my 12 year old continues to wear them. However, about a year ago my 14 year old felt that they were getting uncomfortable so he switched to boxers. So I would just let your son continue wearing what he currently wears unless he asks to try something different.

amyewhitmore

Feb 2, 2011
I just asked my husband what he did when was 14. He said he preferred boxers over briefs. If they are in sports they would probably need something to help support them, but I would ask your child what he would rather wear.