Billy - World Diabetes Day...

Father_0f_7

PF Addict
Aug 19, 2008
F.I., Florida
Dylan came home for the weekend because we had a party today for World Diabetes Day. Much to our surprise he had some of his friends come over to his house and, along with some of Billy's friends, they did this.

[/URL]

We went to church this morning and after the service all the kids in his sunday school class, youth pastor, pastor, and a lot of the congregation wrote him little notes on green paper (his favorite color) on how proud they are of him.

Father_0f_7

PF Addict
Aug 19, 2008
F.I., Florida
Yep! He can eat whatever he wants as long as he takes enough insulin for it. Unfortunately cake is one of his "problem foods". Problem food meaning, he can eat the cake today and his blood sugar will be perfectly fine, but tomorrow will be completely out of control...but we always make sure he's a kid first, diabetic second. So thankfully his blood sugar cooperated today!

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
He's such a gorgeous boy!!! The cake looked so nice, I want a piece lol. That's just too sweet what his friends and church buddies did for him. I'm SO happy that he has so many people that care about him like that. Good day for Billy!

Father_0f_7

PF Addict
Aug 19, 2008
F.I., Florida
I know! It was even more surprising that all of Dylan's friends from college (most of which have only met Billy once) were that supportive as well. Got a little choked up...don't tell anyone!

Father_0f_7

PF Addict
Aug 19, 2008
F.I., Florida
[/URL]
This is what he looks like when he's low...we checked his Blood Glucose and it was 52:eek:

[/URL]
He wore it on his arm so everyone could see it. I'm really happy that he isn't ashamed to have diabetes anymore

[/URL]
He made a World Diabetes Day drawing

[/URL]
And he ate 2 pieces of cake...Blood Glucose after cake 129 :cool:

NancyM

PF Addict
Jul 2, 2010
New York
I remembered to wear blue, last minute but I did remember! lol

And I agree that Billy is a cutie, he looks like a happy little boy. Especially with that cake.!! lol