bitting...

GrahamCrackers

Oct 7, 2008
Your child is doing it for the reaction. That's what they think is so funny. Give the same reaction every time. Say, "That hurt. Please stop that" in a calm voice. Warn the child that if they don't stop it next time they get sent to their room and when they do try again, stick to that rule to show that you mean it. Make sure they understand that biting is not nice or funny and can hurt people.

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Her boy is only 18 months old, I don't think he'll understand "go to his room" but I think you're right about the reaction thing.

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
GrahamCrackers said:
Your child is doing it for the reaction. That's what they think is so funny. Give the same reaction every time. Say, "That hurt. Please stop that" in a calm voice. Warn the child that if they don't stop it next time they get sent to their room and when they do try again, stick to that rule to show that you mean it. Make sure they understand that biting is not nice or funny and can hurt people.
thanks...he was all about the reaction but we've solved the problem, or I should say my dog solved the problem. We haven't had any biting in quite some time now :)