Blue Cross ordered to defend stance on autism therapy coverage...

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090309/METRO/903090407/1040[/COLOR][/URL]

I hope this is the first step in getting these insurance companies to step up to the plate

bssage

Super Moderator
Oct 20, 2008
Iowa
(start rant)BC is blaming the big CO saying they dont want to pay increased premiums. Duh of course they dont. Then they say its experimental. Its a broken record. They simply dont want to do what they are getting paid to do. They have there own doctors who will say whatever to get there slice of the pie. They have a huge lobby costing millions ensuring congressional support. I would like to know how much they are going to spend in defence of this. I would guess the number would blow our minds. The system is a failure for Amercians. And its not just BC. Its criminal. (end rant)

Short story.

DW had the normal testing done when she got pregnant. BC denied payment because it said the test were not "reasonable and customary". I researched local labs and the place that did her testing was the least expensive. "Those arent the labs we use". I researched the labs near there headquarters. "Those arent the labs we use. We use labs in a different zip code. Its a freakin shell game, Three card monte.