Britax Car Seats...

Astr0l0gic

Feb 13, 2008
Pennsylvania
I posted last week with a question about Britax car seats. I think I will definitely be buying a Britax, every person I talk to has nothing but good things to say about the company. I was researching Britax seats over the weekend and I found an AMAZING sale on them at BabyAge.com. It just started and lasts until March 2nd. I never heard of the website before but it looks like some really great prices on car seats/booster seats/and strollers. I know they are quite expensive so if you're looking to buy like me, I thought this would be helpful.

ps. I also found out that ALL of the celebrity babies are riding in Britax! :)

Trina

PF Addict
Jun 10, 2007
CT
Yes, Britax happens to be my favorite car seat manufacturer, however, as I mentioned in your other thread, I'm not a big fan of their infant carrier, the Companion. Oh, it's a very nice seat, and you'll be pleased with it, but I don't think it's worth the money for the short time an infant will use it. The Companion only goes up to 22 lbs.. If you have a big baby, that will last maybe 6-9 mos.. (My DS was 20 lbs. at 6 mos.) Typically, infants only use an infant carrier seat for about a year or so. Then they transition to a rear facing convertible seat. At that point, I would get a Britax Marathon/Decathlon/Boulevard, and not fret about the cost because they will be in it for about 3-5 yrs.. The Graco Safe Seat Infant carrier goes up to 30 lbs. and 32", and is very safe and user friendly.

Also, keep in mind that if a car seat doesn't install well in your vehicle, no matter the manufacturer or cost, it's not a safe option.

I have purchased from BabyAge.com in the past with no problems. :)

FWIW, I don't care what the celebrities are using. They may be rich and famous, but that doesn't mean they know anything about car seats or child passenger safety. ;)

To find a CPS Tech in your area:
Home | SeatCheck.org

Samy27

Jun 11, 2008
I completely agree with Trina! I have the Graco Safe Seat infant carrier for my 17month old son. He's 23 lbs and 29 inches. Its started to get a bit tight for his crotch area...so i'm researching for a toddler car seat. Any recommendations for a rear facing convertible with highest weight limits! And how do the kids sit comfortably with their feet stuck between the seats?

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
Britax marathon is th eseat of choice for me. Be careful when you say toddler seat though, toddler seats are different. Britax has a toddler seat that is for children over 2 and over so many pounds. It is what we will get Nihcole in about 2 years.

Trina

PF Addict
Jun 10, 2007
CT
Kaytee, what specific Britax seat are you referring to? I'm familiar with their products and none are referred to as a toddler seat, but generally speaking, when people mention a toddler seat, they're talking about a convertible car seat that goes both rear and forward facing. Britax does have harnessed seats that forward face only (the Regent and Frontier), and you're right, they wouldn't be a good choice for young toddlers.

Samy27, Good for you for keeping your baby rear facing! The bare minimum requirements for turning an infant forward facing are 12 mos.<I> and</I> 20 lbs, but longer is even better. Rear facing better protects the head, neck and spine during a crash. The AAP and safety experts now recommend babies stay rear facing until they outgrow the rear facing limits of their convertible car seat.

More info:
CPSafety - Your online child passenger safety resource

Don't worry if the child's legs are touching the back of the vehicle seat. There are no records of broken legs, but even so, broken legs are fixable, a broken neck or spine is not.

I also like the Britax Marathon, but there are many choices available on the market. Whatever you get, be sure it has a 5 pt. harness and a front harness adjuster. Do not get one with an overhead shield. A 5 pt. harnessed car seat is the safest choice.
CPSafety - Your online child passenger safety resource

stuben

Oct 5, 2008
We love our Britax companion car seat, and it integrates beautifully with our BOB Revolution Duallie stroller with the optional infant car seat adapter. We can now take our 2 year old, and new born on our daily walks without having to fear that our new born daughter isn't properly supported.

eleventy1!!

PF Regular
Oct 1, 2008
Minnesota
Both of our kids are currently in Britax Marathons. We are pleased with them and they certainly look more comfortable than the Alpha Omega that we had for our oldest until about a year ago. The straps are a lot easier to adjust as well.