brum brum...

Jeremy+3

PF Addict
Apr 18, 2009
Nottinghamshire
Since I am in a room surrounded by women plastering make up on their faces and spraying a crap load of perfume everywhere, we need the obligatory car thread.

So, ladies and gentlemen, what vehicles do you have? But if you could have your dream car at no cost, what would you choose, don't worry, you can have more than one! I know a few of us are oldies, does anyone remember their first car?

My first car was a renault 12, it looked more like a wardrobe than a car if I'm honest though, it was blue with a white stripe, properly ugly thing it was.

We have an Audi A4, however a few weeks ago my lovely wife decided the car should have a fight with a brick wall, guess who lost :rolleyes:. My wife has a renault clio, which funnily enough she has never damaged!

I would love an audi R8, obviously one of the best things about it is that you can't fit a child seat in it :D

Who wouldn't want that beauty

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
okay, I'm not really a car guy...but...Fo6, I might commit crimes for a car like that...When thinking about what car I'd want, I think I'd want several cars if money (and hence storage space) were no object. A muscle car, like Fo6 posted would be high on my list. Christian - I must say that's like the perfect restoration, enough chrome and customization to make it special, but not so much you can't even recognize what the car was to begin with.

I currently drive an 05 Dodge Dakota 4x4, 4dr with hard bed cover. DW drives an 05 Chysler Town and Country, with partially glazed speedometer lens and plenty of misc child goo spread among the seats...)actually they're pretty clean kids, I can't complain).

Jeremy, that certainly is one hot auto, I can't really see me in it, but it is sweet.

My first car was a 1965 chevy biscayne (4 dr) that I bought for $500 from my grandpa and which was totally being rear ended by a sleepy driver in a grain truck, not more than 3 months after purchase, and I got $750 from his insurance and bought a 1964 1/2 Ford Galaxie 500 (s dr)..*sniff* I miss that car...

Father_0f_7

PF Addict
Aug 19, 2008
F.I., Florida
The worst part is, it's Dane's car...not mine. He bought it for $2,000 (yes, it was a piece of junk!) about 3 years ago. And we fixed it up together.

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
My first car was a 1995 Buick Regal Custom. I am so glad to be rid of it lol. It had sooo many problems. But hey, it had power locks and windows! :) No AC though.

I currently drive a blue 2005 Hyundai Elantra. I really love it, its nothing fancy but its in awesome shape and it NEVER gives me any trouble. Plus its really good on gas!!

DH drives a silver 2004 Dodge Stratus. Its a great car, but it would be a lot better if it had never been in an accident. It was just rear ended, but it knocked things out of place I think and now it gives us trouble at random. :/ But damn that thing has great factory speakers in it, music sounds great in that car for some reason!!

I want the Nissan Leaf!! Its all electric. :D

Nissan LEAF Electric Car

mom2many

Super Moderator
Jul 3, 2008
melba, Idaho
We have a few different vehicles.

1979 Chevy 1 ton
1989 Nissan
1991 Chevy corsica
1992 Chevy 4 wheel drive "something"
2001 Ford E-150 Van, otherwise known as the bus.

I honestly don't care about vehicles but one thing I could say is that I just want a small car that won't cost me an arm and a leg to fill. One other thing is that I tend to prefer older cars and trucks, all of the new ones tend to look the same to me.

sbattisti

PF Fanatic
Jun 14, 2010
I am, like, the anti-car guy. :p

I drive a Honda Civic hybrid, and know NOTHING about cars. It's pathetic, really. :)

Jordy

PF Fanatic
Apr 12, 2010
Perth, WA
i know very little about cars... but i drive a 2007 Volkswagen Beetle Convertible in Yellow...

i love it and it's my dream car..

ElliottCarasDad

PF Addict
Sep 10, 2008
Iowa
We have;

2002 Stratus ES
2006 Grand Caravan SXT

The Stratus is a good car but a pain to work on. I almost had to pull the motor to change the water pump last year. The kids rarely ride in it so its in good shape. If it dies, I'll probably just put a new motor in it.
The caravan is the kiddie-mover and the foldaway seats still lets me haul what I need to most of the time.

My first car was a 1968 Ford Galaxie LTD

I guess my dream car would be a Tesla Roadster Sport.
An electric car that can go 0-60mph in 3.7sec!

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
ElliottCarasDad said:
We have;

I guess my dream car would be a Tesla Roadster Sport.
An electric car that can go 0-60mph in 3.7sec!

if you stand next to it and put your hand on the roof, does it make your hair stand on end?

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
Father_0f_6 said:
The worst part is, it's Dane's car...not mine. He bought it for $2,000 (yes, it was a piece of junk!) about 3 years ago. And we fixed it up together.

well there are ways around that...you just get him over a barrel financially then pull the "hey, I'll forget all the money you owe me, just sign over the camaro..."

(and of course I'm only kidding...)

ElliottCarasDad

PF Addict
Sep 10, 2008
Iowa
IADad said:
if you stand next to it and put your hand on the roof, does it make your hair stand on end?
I dont know but I bet it would be creepily cool to be passed by an almost silent car going 125mph

mom2many

Super Moderator
Jul 3, 2008
melba, Idaho
Father_0f_6 said:
Dane and I just finished fixing up a 1969 Camaro Rally Sport

[/URL]

[/URL]

[/URL]

My son is now sitting in a corner drooling because of the car, but I wouldn't rule out rabies.