Bullied and hes only 4yrs old...

Miss2Mrs2008

Mar 8, 2008
:frown: I have recently moved to a new area and where we live all children are taken into the nursery for full days (9am - 3pm). My son has been at the new school 3 weeks and was loving it. Last week he started mentioning a boy (we will call him ben dont wanna say his real name!) ben who was hurting him. I was concerned so told my sons teacher who said would keep an eye out. Anyway yesterday i took my son to school and was stood at the classroom door watching him (as you do when they start school!!:) ) and ben strolled up to him without warning grabbed him by the scruff of the neck and proceeded to kick like a donkey! I was truly horrified my son just stood not knowing what to do...... anyway i ran in and shouted "oi get of him" and said for him to stop hittin my son. The teacher was right there and didnt see what happened but heard me shout get off.... I was furious and said if anyone laid a finger on my son again the parents would have me to answer to. I went home and cried all afternoon couldnt believe what this little boy had done to my child. By the time school finished I had calmed down but realised how different school is nowadays....... i enrolled him on a karate self defence course as it made me realise how at risk kids are now even at a young age. Anyway this morning instead of wanting to kill ben and his parents for what i saw have decided to invite him for tea and to make easter baskets with my son in a hope he wont bully him anymore and maybe become friends. What does everyone think to this idea any advice most welcome :veryconfused:

Miss2Mrs2008

Mar 8, 2008
I have recently moved to a new area and where we live all children are taken into the nursery for full days (9am - 3pm). My son has been at the new school 3 weeks and was loving it. Last week he started mentioning a boy (we will call him ben dont wanna say his real name!) ben who was hurting him. I was concerned so told my sons teacher who said would keep an eye out. Anyway yesterday i took my son to school and was stood at the classroom door watching him (as you do when they start school!!:) ) and ben strolled up to him without warning grabbed him by the scruff of the neck and proceeded to kick like a donkey! I was truly horrified my son just stood not knowing what to do...... anyway i ran in and shouted "oi get of him" and said for him to stop hittin my son. The teacher was right there and didnt see what happened but heard me shout get off.... I was furious and said if anyone laid a finger on my son again the parents would have me to answer to. I went home and cried all afternoon couldnt believe what this little boy had done to my child. By the time school finished I had calmed down but realised how different school is nowadays....... i enrolled him on a karate self defence course as it made me realise how at risk kids are now even at a young age. Anyway this morning instead of wanting to kill ben and his parents for what i saw have decided to invite him for tea and to make easter baskets with my son in a hope he wont bully him anymore and maybe become friends. What does everyone think to this idea any advice most welcome :veryconfused:

symphonyodd

PF Regular
Mar 3, 2008
Knee deep in laundry
Well, I am so sorry your son got picked on. The momma bear in me just wants to RAGE on anyone that so much as looks at my kids crosseyed.

I think that you inviting the MOM and the boy over would be a great idea.

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
Oh my, your poor son. I hope it stops now. I think at 4, it may work to try to get them to be friends. Of course I do not have a child this age, so I can only say what I think might be a good idea. Hopefully others will step in and give some advise.

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
Some kids are just brats. I dont' know that I would invite the kid anywhere. Why torture your son anymore? lol Poor baby. I think by you snapping at the other child might have given him an idea that it's NOT a good idea to mess with your child.
My son is nonconfrontational and he has already been through Karate and he's still not tough even though he has mad skills.
I'm not ashamed to call my son a mamma's boy. As long as I am alive I'd go running in and intervene. :) You did the right thing. Sadly it'll happen more then you're gonna like. Teach your son to stand up for himself, he'll get more from you then any karate teacher. It's probably very wrong but I told my kids if someone hits them they better hit them back and hit them hard.
They know to use their words first but if someone gets physical they better defend themselves.

dzdilar

Mar 8, 2008
The best thing is to constantly communicate with teachers, administrators and school counselors. Let them be aware of the problem.