Burritos...

Didymus

Feb 23, 2012
So, my daughter's 4... and a bit ... fiesty. She rough-houses with the boys, and if anyone knows what the SCA is, she comes out and boffers with us.

So, yesterday, she came out with a big blanket and said 'MAKE ME A BURRITO!' ... so, I rolled her in the blanket, and she giggled and struggled to get out... Rather funny because she couldn't get out by herself. In hindsight, could that be considered child abuse since, technically, I tied her up and laughed at her futile attempts of escape?

She wants me to make her a burrito again today, but I told her I didn't want to because I think it's child abuse. ... which is just my excuse to be lazy and not make her a burrito.

Didymus

Feb 23, 2012
No, she had a hard time getting out of the blanket... because I made her a burrito... I.e. rolled her into a blanket. She thought it was hilarious.

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
lol oh wow. Come on, get up and roll her into a burrito you meanie. :p

JBKB3

PF Regular
Jun 1, 2011
Edmond, Ok
IADad said:
we used to call swaddling "making baby burritos"
exactly... it's not child abuse you are just swaddling her.

I don't see it as child abuse at all.. you are playing with her, she enjoys it.

I spar and grapple with my oldest, is it child abuse? No.. it's training and she enjoys it... of course she is a black belt.

It's all about context. If you were wrapping her up and laughing as she was crying trying to get out...then that would be different, but if she is giggling and enjoying it you are just playing with her. My kids like that game too.