Caffeine and breastfeeding?...

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
Basically 2-3 cups of coffee or equivalent are fine. Anything more then that is not known what the effect are. I was unable to drink anything caffienated when nursing her under a year. It made her very colicky and gassy.

Skyburning

PF Fiend
Oct 6, 2007
Mississippi
As long as a little is okay I think I'll be fine..just trying to figure out how I'll be able to be up so much during the night and then be up during the day too!

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
well if it helps, after about 3 or 4 weeks of nursing, you won't need to be up at night for more then a min. I would wake up, get Nichole out of her bed, latch her on and go back to sleep. I would wake up a bit later and put hr back in her bed. Believe me nursing is super easy once you get over the hump in the begining. Don't give up on yourself and your child's nutrition. Research everything you can right now about nursing problems, that way if anything happens you will be prepared.

If you have any questions now or after the baby is born, PLEASE ask me or even better call a lactation consultant. LLL is free. THey say they have yearly fees, but they do not require them unless you want to be an actual member! You can go to meeting and all of that and not pay

jenilouise

PF Addict
Oct 20, 2007
Oregon
I have coffee every morning and sometimes a soda during the day. Natalia (and the others whenthey were nursing) were fine. I can't eat spicy foods though because it upsets her tummy. At least I can function without hot sauce.

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
lol I missed coffee soooo much! But when I had to drop it, its like I didn't even want it. Kinda weird, as soon as she hit about 15 months old, I started to crave me morning coffee again. Its like my body knew it was ok to drink it again.

I could do the spicy too. Weird what bothers some babies and not others.