Call me crazy, but......

Dadu2004

PF Visionary
May 16, 2008
Cleveland, OH
Ok, what I'm about to propose is probably ridiculous and won't happen. But I was just sitting here thinking about this...

We know we've recently lost alot of members that (I at least) would be considered as "core" people. These people posted quite a bit, and basically lived on PF. With all of the drama, and the moderators trying to tone things down and get a bit of control, maybe it's time to clean up the forum a bit.

I suggest that the Mods (Admin, maybe?) go through and delete a bunch of the threads. Particularly the threads that contain behaviors that we're trying to avoid (attacks, rants, whatever). This would serve a couple of purposes. 1. It wouldn't show new members what has been a precedent in the past, thus allowing for better control by the mods. 2. We could get new, fresh perspectives instead of people simply saying "i agree" all of the time.

I personally haven't given up on this forum...probably because I haven't had any problems, and feel that I'm at least semi-respected around here. I'd like to see this forum succeed, and this may be a good time for a "fresh start".

What do you think?

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
I see your point, I am not sure how feesable it would be for me to do alone though.
If you see a thread that you feel "is not withing guidlines" anymore, please let me know and I can do what I can at this point. We may have lost some members, and some I will miss, but I do feel we can now get a new fresh start like you posted.

Dadu2004

PF Visionary
May 16, 2008
Cleveland, OH
I hope I stated myself correctly...I'll be around this forum for as long as you'll have me here. I just want this to be a forum that succeeds, because those of us sticking around are pretty good people, and I value all of your input!

Trina

PF Addict
Jun 10, 2007
CT
Honestly, as a moderator at another message board, that would be a huge undertaking, and I'm not sure it would be worth it. Gradually the older posts will be bumped down and forgotten.

I've belonged to many forums over the years. This type of thing happens now and then at every message board. It's only natural when a large group of people from different walks of life and different beliefs and POVs correspond.

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
its a good idea in theory, just a lot of hard work! lol

Trina is right though, I think this is going to be all alright. It might be slow for a bit, but I guerntee it will pick up again and pretty quickly.

Ari2

PF Fiend
Jan 7, 2008
sarushjr said:
I hope I stated myself correctly...I'll be around this forum for as long as you'll have me here. I just want this to be a forum that succeeds, because those of us sticking around are pretty good people, and I value all of your input!
Well said. "Me too"s with every point. :)

jtee

Banned
Jun 24, 2007
Teresa said:
I've been here forever, and I'm not going anywhere!! LOL

Just so everyone is aware, Teresa is the longest active member of this forum, and we greatly value the contributions she has made since the day she joined. She predates Kaytee, Fallon, and myself by a few months.

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
sarushjr said:
Now I'm feeling the PF love! Can we have a group hug?
Umm you are on another board so what are you talking about? So are alot of the people who still post here. You can be on two different boards.

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
Oh we have to have love? I'll have to think about this. Can I have pf like? lmbo