Camps are important...

scarletjones

Banned
Apr 10, 2013
California
What do you think are camp participation important for small kids to develop thier physical and mental fitness i have heard some good camp do motivate childern,give your opinion

XxAkikazexX

Apr 10, 2013
Chicago
Camps can really help kids. They can make friends from all over, learn new social skills, and many different life skills. Sometimes it is hard for kids to overcome the nervousness but camps can be for the best.

yunihara

PF Enthusiast
Nov 22, 2010
Nebraska
There's all sorts of day and sleep away camps for kids, some are for specific life challenges. My twins, who are techinically my brother and sister, were enrolled at a day camp for children who suffered loss of a parent to cancer. It seemed to help them a lot, and make friends with other children who had lost one or both parents. I wish I had been young enough to enroll! But it was nice for them to be around other kids who knew what they were going through. Even though I knew, I am 16 years older than them so it was nice for them to have access to children around their age. :)

I did a lot of summer martial arts "camps," I guess you could call them. It was a lot of fun being around kids who had similar interests and being able to learn new skills. I never did a general camp sort of thing, but they seem like a lot of fun. They would also be able to learn new skills and make friends with all sorts of children, and have a heck of a lot of fun.

singledad

PF Addict
Oct 26, 2009
South Africa
Day camps - maybe. Depending on the setting and what is offered. We had a very nice program at our local library over the Easter holidays where kid learned all kinds of arts and crafts techniques. My DD went for a few days and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Sleep-away camps? No. Never. My daughter will several consecutive days and nights in the care of complete strangers over my dead body.

cybele

PF Addict
Feb 27, 2012
Australia
We don't really have camps here like the ones you guys have.

We do have the whole school camp thing, where they go with their school during school hours, they all love those things. Also, I get rid of a kid for a few days (sometimes even a week, WOOHOO) which is wonderful.

scarletjones

Banned
Apr 10, 2013
California
Great to hear all your replies actually i also feel the same as you have said above liked your response @ cybele try to talk to your school management they can sought it out for you.