Can my daughter make an account?...

Avianmosquito

Banned
Aug 9, 2013
I haven't talked to her about it yet, but can my daughter make an account here? She's only 12 and thus under the age limit, but she's strong willed and probably going to want to speak for herself. Is there any way you'd make an exception for her? (Should I have PM'd a staff member instead?)

mom2many

Super Moderator
Jul 3, 2008
melba, Idaho
No exceptions, besides if you are unwilling to see the truth what good would it do to talk to her?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk and it's a pain lol

Avianmosquito

Banned
Aug 9, 2013
mom2many said:
No exceptions,
You could have left it at that.

besides if you are unwilling to see the truth what good would it do to talk to her?
I feel very, very strongly insulted right now. This addition was crass and added nothing.

Also, I prefer to let her have the final say in her own life when I can. If her mind changes, I'll go with it. There are very few exceptions, and most of those are for practical reasons. (For instance, I can't afford a therapist, convincing her would do nothing to help me pay the bills.)

Last edited:

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
No, you know what? Let her join. I am sooooo interested to hear what she has to say. She is a one time exception (that M2M and I discussed and decided to allow once) under the premise that she is "under parental supervision", but we will all be aware of her age, and the mods have the right to end her membership at any time for any reason. If she is disruptive or bothersome to the other members in any way (not saying she would be, just covering all bases), she will not be allowed to stay.

Avianmosquito

Banned
Aug 9, 2013
Xero said:
No, you know what? Let her join. I am sooooo interested to hear what she has to say. She is a one time exception (that M2M and I discussed and decided to allow once) under the premise that she is "under parental supervision", but we will all be aware of her age, and the mods have the right to end her membership at any time for any reason. If she is disruptive or bothersome to the other members in any way (not saying she would be, just covering all bases), she will not be allowed to stay.
Alright. She'll be back over here on Tuesday. (And if her typistry isn't so good, that's because she'll be typing on an iPod touchscreen. Please forgive that.)

cybele

PF Addict
Feb 27, 2012
Australia
I find it fascinating that you asked to have rules broken for her simply because she wants to talk to a bunch of adults about parenting?
Wouldn't her being so 'strong willed' make this a learning curve for her that rules are rules , no matter how much you want something different?

Avianmosquito

Banned
Aug 9, 2013
cybele said:
I find it fascinating that you asked to have rules broken for her simply because she wants to talk to a bunch of adults about parenting?
Wouldn't her being so 'strong willed' make this a learning curve for her that rules are rules , no matter how much you want something different?
In case you hadn't noticed, I've done a lot of speaking for her here. She's the type that would rather speak for herself. I respect that, and I don't think she'll do anything else.

cybele

PF Addict
Feb 27, 2012
Australia
Going to let you in one something, pretty much all 12yr olds like to speak for themselves, and others... mostly about things that they don't quite understand.

Avianmosquito

Banned
Aug 9, 2013
cybele said:
Going to let you in one something, pretty much all 12yr olds like to speak for themselves, and others... mostly about things that they don't quite understand.
She doesn't speak for others, and thinks before she opens her mouth. She's also very terse, and prone to making lists. (She gets the second thing from me, but she does it more than I do.)