Car wash Spraying...

1dayatatime

PF Addict
Oct 3, 2007
AZ
I just saw this video. We all as parents fall down sometimes.

<a href="http://img1.catalog.video.msn.com/Image.aspx?uuid=8f2799db-dbc5-4500-a166-fde362e78d42&w=112&h=84[/URL]" border=0 alt="Mom talks about car wash spraying" width=112 height=84><br />Mom talks about car wash spraying</a>

Well of course she wouldn't have done it if she knew she was being video taped. duh?

Good Wolf

PF Addict
Mar 11, 2008
TX
I sprayed her with a high powered hose and she kept screaming and didn't calm down......

HappyMomma

PF Addict
Mar 7, 2008
Wylie, TX
That poor child! Makes me wonder what other ridiculous punishments they have put her through when the camera was not on.

HappyMomma

PF Addict
Mar 7, 2008
Wylie, TX
Just found this in another article...

<I>Summoned by Diaz, police later determined that the toddler’s mother, who is 22 and five months pregnant, pulled into the car wash for the sole purpose of hosing down her daughter — possibly for wetting herself in the backseat of the car. </I>

Mom who power-washed tot may face charges - TODAY: People - MSNBC.com

<I>“The mother was speaking in Spanish,” Diaz said. “She said, ‘You are not going to disrespect me. You are not going to treat me bad. Don’t worry, I’m not going to hit you now. I’m just going to spray you with cold water.’”</I>

ljmahr

PF Fiend
Oct 16, 2007
This is horrible! I am with HappyMomma here, what else has she done to this child?

Lissa

PF Visionary
Sep 12, 2007
This video makes me want to throw up. 2 years old?!?!?! I have no words.

Teresa

PF Fiend
Feb 2, 2007
Ohio
1dayatatime said:
What if it had been a water hose in the front yard instead of a high pressure car wash sprayer?
That's a lot different!! I've turned the hose on my kids in the yard before, if they got ridiculously dirty outside, or just for fun on a hot day, even. BUT...the car wash is, as you said, high pressure, and that HURTS!!!!

HappyMomma

PF Addict
Mar 7, 2008
Wylie, TX
1dayatatime said:
What if it had been a water hose in the front yard instead of a high pressure car wash sprayer?
If cleaning off and or having fun, the yard water hose is fine.

But if the same scenerio... no. That was just a mean and demeaning form of punishment.

ljmahr

PF Fiend
Oct 16, 2007
I agree with everyone else. Cleaning off or having fun with the hose is fine, not the one that the car wash and absolutely NOT for punishment! Of every ridiculous way people say to stop tantrums, biting regular little kid things, I have never heard of spraying your kid with a hose.