Causes for a Late Period?...

meow_173

PF Addict
Jan 3, 2008
Hamilton, Ontario
Hey Ladies,
So, my period was SUPER late for march. I've kept track of my period now for a while, and my last period first day was Feb. 20th, and it as just started now April 4th.
Not that it would have mattered if it didn't come, my bf and i just agreed that the next one we both would want to be ready for it, not like the surprise that luke was lol.

Anyway, what could have caused it to be late?

hwnorth

PF Fanatic
Mar 13, 2008
Courtenay BC Canada
meow - undernourishment can cause a loss of your menstrual cycle, as can being very thin, as your body reads that as being undernourished as well.

HappyMomma

PF Addict
Mar 7, 2008
Wylie, TX
Shoot I have no idea. I googled - don't do that it might scare you for no reason as I would guess you're up to date on your well woman exams? (Well Woman Exam, that term makes me giggle.)

Probably just a weird month. If it keeps happening, I would just check with your doctor.

meow_173

PF Addict
Jan 3, 2008
Hamilton, Ontario
I am up to date with my WWE hehehehehhe......
And hwnorth, i'm definatly not undernourished LOL

Yea i'm just going to chock it up to being a wierd month....

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
Could you have gotten pg and it just didn't implant properly and it flushed out later?

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
I know our body chemistry changes every seven years so maybe it's a change? You body might be catching up.

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
my guess would have been stress but if it isn't that then I would say it's just a weird month. When I was in school even just studying hard for a test and worring about that I would end up 2 weeks or more late

Mindy

PF Addict
Feb 20, 2008
QC, Canada
meow_173 said:
LOL i don't think so. I'm pretty darn fertile so says my doc
It's very possible that you did miscarry meow, it has nothing to do with your fertility... That just means you get pregnant very easily, not that it will attach and all work out.

I have done quite a bit of research and many many times when women have late/early periods, they don't even know and it is the result of a spontaneous abortion (sounds heinous but it just means a miscarriage that re-dissolved itself into your body)

You being very fertile just makes it all the more possible that you could have been pregnant.... I'd check it out with the doc next time you go just to be safe :)

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
like every one else said there could be a reason or no reason for it. Many woman do have miscarriages very early on and don't even know it. HTey say MOST woman will have like 5 or 6 in a lifetime without ever knowing.

Shari Nielsen

PF Enthusiast
Jan 21, 2008
CT
We were trying over the summer and I jumped the gun and tested three days before I was due for my period and it came up positive...It was a VERY faint line, but never-the-less, it was there. Four days later, I got my period. :( I was a day late but I never would have known I was pregnant if I hadn't taken the test early!

Follow-up...A month later I got pregnant and I'm due in about 6 weeks! :)

Juliem

Apr 24, 2008
This can be caused by three common factors: Pregnancy, Stress or Undernourishment. It may be caused by something else but usually it is linked to the three factors stated above. I say first take a pregnancy test. If it's negative and you aren't undernourished then it must be stress. Maybe you need a vacation? :)

meow_173

PF Addict
Jan 3, 2008
Hamilton, Ontario
Juliem said:
This can be caused by three common factors: Pregnancy, Stress or Undernourishment. It may be caused by something else but usually it is linked to the three factors stated above. I say first take a pregnancy test. If it's negative and you aren't undernourished then it must be stress. Maybe you need a vacation? :)
LOL if only i had the money to go on a vacation!