Cheap/Free Family Activities?...

JessH09

Oct 13, 2009
USA
Hi. New to the forums and I'm looking for easy maybe outdoor games and/or cheap or free places the whole family can go to for getting some reasonable exercise? Just maybe some yard activities/games and things we can do as a family together. We spend way too much time sitting around these days. We used to be more active when we lived near the beach, but we've since moved too far for that. Oh, and if it matters our kids ages are 4(b), 5 & a half(g), 9(g), and 11(b).
Jessica

DreamsMayCome

Feb 3, 2009
Jessica,
Insofar as cheap and free, you can't really beat getting the family outdoors and doing activities out there. The University of Michigan did a study that said kids spend about 50% less time outdoors than they did 20 years ago, which shocked me when I first heard about those numbers as when I grew up going outside was just part of being a kid.

My job started a campaign with the Forest Service and the Ad Council(I work for a marketing company) called "Where the Other You Lives" which is focusing on getting kids out into nature to change the above statistic.

Since you are looking for cheap and easy activities check out their website, they have things on there like looking for animal tracks and identifying different animals that are all free and fun.

Where The Other You Lives