Chicken City - pic insanity....

Music-dad

PF Addict
Apr 22, 2008
Right here. Right now.
Ok folks...we just got back home safe and sound from the cottage...other than Saturday's wintery cold weather it was awesome to be with my Mom and Dad again.

I usually go pretty crazy with my vid cam (I love filming nature, water, sunsets etc.) but this time the vid cam took a backseat to my new Kodak Easyshare....I figured out the panoramic option, and let me tell you, I'm totally lovin' it. (more on this later...for now here are some pics, stay tuned, I have a few more to size and upload later)

So here is Chicken City (named this by Dad in '67 when he bought the property for $5,500) nothing remains of the original shack, other than the outhouse.

This was a really nice treat...Dad had me and K's cabin painted 2 weeks ago...originally it matched the main cottage...I love the cabin!...my sister and brother and their families stay in the main cottage...they hate it, cause Mom and Dad crash really early.

To my confusion...driving up I looked at the "old" outhouse and immediately thought "wtf?"...just so you know, my Dad is a die-hard liberal...so when I saw this, I almost thought he'd sold the place....but good ol' Dad had a plan.

close up of the sign on the door: (hahahahahaha)

That is soooooo "My Dad"

Lots more to follow....stay tuned....

Music-dad

PF Addict
Apr 22, 2008
Right here. Right now.
I'm gonna drop in The Money Shot right away.

Everytime I go, I take tons of pics (my vid cam acts as a still cam too)...and since my Dad loves photography...he flips thought all the pics on my laptop and pics the best one and says "there's the money shot!"

Here's his choice this time around: total fluke that I snaped when I did....glad I did...this is gonna get blown up and framed.

Music-dad

PF Addict
Apr 22, 2008
Right here. Right now.
"This is my sister Jenny, my other sister Jenny...and my other sister Jenny."

Hahahaha...this is one of the really cool tricks you can do with a cam with the panoramic option....the way it works is, you take 3 photos...so Jenny came up with this neat idea.

Pretty cool eh?

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Those are so awesome!! What a beautiful place. Your dad seems like a funny guy. I just love the pic of K. They are all gorgeous!!!

Someday I will get a fancy camera and take super awesome pics, I can't wait. :) I don't know when that will happen lol. But I can dream. I'm also really into photography, but have never really had the appropriate equipment available to me to put my love to good use. D: hahaha

Music-dad

PF Addict
Apr 22, 2008
Right here. Right now.
Thanks Sweety!

I've got 3 great ideas for ya.....

1) My cam is NOT a fancy one...it was $116, probably even cheaper for my US friends :)

2) you can do panaramics with ANY cam if you want...one way is carfully take 3 shots from the same pivot point...and stitch them in photoshop etc....kinda tricky, but do-able.

or, even easier

3) take a wide shot and crop it to panaramic size.

perfect example of #3

Music-dad

PF Addict
Apr 22, 2008
Right here. Right now.
The Fishing Rock.

The only 3 things I bring there....1 rod, 1 hook, 1 bobber, worms...and a Hula Popper for when the water is still.

In this pic, I'm looking straight down from the spot I stand to fish....because I know it so well, this pic makes me kinda dizzy when I look at it.

And quite possibly the view I've spent the most time in my life just staring at....the view from The Fishing Rock.

Music-dad

PF Addict
Apr 22, 2008
Right here. Right now.

Taking indoor shots at the cottage is really hard...I tried without a flash...with a flash the pics suck....next time I'll try a longer exposure...so this is the best I could do this time around....this is the main room overlooking the water....packed full of knick-knacks and neat stuff.

Mom's Mother day / b-day gift....it cost me a small fortune, but she's worth it!

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Aw! I can't believe how nice those pics are! Yeah, I guess you're right! I never really knew about that feature in the area of editing photos. I'll have to look into it more, cause I would really have fun with that. :)

And yeah, I guess you're right about the camera... my digi cost like $150 or something, a Nikon Coolpix. I still want a fancy camera though!!!! :p

Music-dad

PF Addict
Apr 22, 2008
Right here. Right now.
16th ave. said:
<U>very nice.</U>
now remind me again why ya call it chicken city?:goofy:
The original cottage was small, run down and really ugly (it matched the outhouse)...when Dad first bought it, he said it looked like a Chicken Coop.

16th ave.

PF Addict
Jan 4, 2009
East Texas
oh ok. bet ya'll are happy he bought it now. it might not have looked so pretty back when..but it is now. definitely worth $$$ spent.