Child trader...

Ari2

PF Fiend
Jan 7, 2008
<r>Even as a spoof, this blew my mind, in part because of how much time someone must have devoted to it:<br/>
&lt;URL url="http://childtrader.com/"&gt;&lt;s&gt;<URL url="http://childtrader.com/">&lt;/s&gt;&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;COLOR color="Navy"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt; Child trader&lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/COLOR&gt;&lt;e&gt;
&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/URL&gt;&lt;br/&gt;

&lt;LEFT&gt;&lt;s&gt;<LEFT>
&lt;/s&gt; &lt;COLOR color="Navy"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;As you may have heard on the news or read in one of our press releases, Child Trader is now the nations 4th largest child exchange network and as such, has brought happiness to more than 1623 American households who otherwise had very few options in creating a more loving family and home life when realizing their child wasn’t the right fit for them. &lt;br/&gt;
&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;e&gt;
&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/COLOR&gt; &lt;e&gt;​
</LEFT>&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/LEFT&gt;
&lt;/s&gt;&lt;COLOR color="Navy"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;Child Trader Child Exchange Network isn’t about not loving childing. Its about finding a family that can love them more. &lt;br/&gt;
&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;COLOR color="Black"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;From the FAQ section: &lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/COLOR&gt;&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;e&gt;
&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/COLOR&gt; &lt;COLOR color="Navy"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;&lt;B&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;My child is pretty run-down. Should I still consider trading him/her?&lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/B&gt;&lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/COLOR&gt;&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;COLOR color="Navy"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;Yes! One man’s garbage is another man’s gold, so don’t count your kid out of trading eligibility just because of bad skin, awkward arms or thick glasses. Many parents find these traits adorable in trades, especially if they find their child too handsome, too athletic or too intelligent. Do you consider those bad traits? Some trading parents do.&lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/COLOR&gt;
&lt;e&gt;​
</LEFT>&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/LEFT&gt;&lt;/r&gt;

jtee

Banned
Jun 24, 2007
Child Trading has being going on for several years but only started to be come popular over last 10 years because of websites like this one. We considered trading, but decided to wait 2 years to see if our daughter was the right girl for us. Well, you know Moms, they get attached to their little girls so we decided to keep her despite the fact our cat was getting annoyed that Jill kept getting into his food dish. He refused eat the food after she dumped it all over the kitchen floor.

So far it seems to be working out.

Music-dad

PF Addict
Apr 22, 2008
Right here. Right now.
OMG this is amazing,,,,I just fount it!!

The song is a Klaatu song sung by The Carpenters

Totally Awesome!

<YOUTUBE id="gB51ehx1q9w" url="http://youtube.com/watch?v=gB51ehx1q9w">http://youtube.com/watch?v=gB51ehx1q9w</YOUTUBE>

jtee

Banned
Jun 24, 2007
.:Kalli Rae:. said:
I thought about child trading but I have mine so well trained....
yeah Kalli Rae, once you got them trained then it not worth it. :)

Ari2

PF Fiend
Jan 7, 2008
&lt;r&gt;The part that made me laugh was the "Myths" section:&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;COLOR color="Blue"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;e&gt;
&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/COLOR&gt;&lt;COLOR color="Blue"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;&lt;B&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt; Myth: Trading kids has bad long term consequences&lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/B&gt;&lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/COLOR&gt;&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;COLOR color="Blue"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;This is absolutely not the case. We don’t follow up with of our past shoppers, but we have found that many parents benefit so much from the experience that they come back to trade kids again and again, some as often as once a year.&lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/COLOR&gt;&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;COLOR color="Blue"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;&lt;B&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt; Myth: The World is Flat&lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/B&gt;&lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/COLOR&gt;&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;COLOR color="Blue"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;No, it isn’t. The twin towers were not taken down by a controlled explosion, the illuminati hasn’t fixed the Oscars since the 70s and Sasquatch, if he ever existed, was driven to extinction in the 1930s. The world is not flat. Even Columbus knew it, and you are smarter than him, it’s time for you to come to terms with reality and start putting the interests of the child first&lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/COLOR&gt;&lt;/r&gt;

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
What a wonderful concept. Is there a special community you should live in to get in on this deal?

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
jtee said:
Child Trading has being going on for several years but only started to be come popular over last 10 years because of websites like this one. We considered trading, but decided to wait 2 years to see if our daughter was the right girl for us. Well, you know Moms, they get attached to their little girls so we decided to keep her despite the fact our cat was getting annoyed that Jill kept getting into his food dish. He refused eat the food after she dumped it all over the kitchen floor.

So far it seems to be working out.
:biglaugh:

Mindy

PF Addict
Feb 20, 2008
QC, Canada
&lt;r&gt;&lt;QUOTE author="Ari2;54329"&gt;&lt;s&gt;
Ari2 said:
&lt;/s&gt;Even as a spoof, this blew my mind, in part because of how much time someone must have devoted to it:&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;URL url="http://childtrader.com/"&gt;&lt;s&gt;<URL url="http://childtrader.com/">&lt;/s&gt;&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;COLOR color="navy"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;Child trader&lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/COLOR&gt;&lt;e&gt;
&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/URL&gt;&lt;br/&gt;

&lt;/s&gt;&lt;COLOR color="navy"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;As you may have heard on the news or read in one of our press releases, Child Trader is now the nations 4th largest child exchange network and as such, has brought happiness to more than 1623 American households who otherwise had very few options in creating a more loving family and home life when realizing their child wasn’t the right fit for them. &lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/COLOR&gt;&lt;e&gt;​
&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;br/&gt;

&lt;/s&gt;&lt;COLOR color="navy"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;Child Trader Child Exchange Network isn’t about not loving childing. Its about finding a family that can love them more. &lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/COLOR&gt;&lt;e&gt;​

&lt;/s&gt;&lt;COLOR color="navy"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;&lt;/COLOR&gt;&lt;e&gt;
</LEFT>&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/LEFT&gt;&lt;br/&gt;

&lt;/s&gt;&lt;B&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;My child is pretty run-down. Should I still consider trading him/her?&lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/B&gt;&lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/COLOR&gt;&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;COLOR color="navy"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;Yes! One man’s garbage is another man’s gold, so don’t count your kid out of trading eligibility just because of bad skin, awkward arms or thick glasses. Many parents find these traits adorable in trades, especially if they find their child too handsome, too athletic or too intelligent. Do you consider those bad traits? Some trading parents do.&lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/COLOR&gt;&lt;e&gt;​
&lt;e&gt;
&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/QUOTE&gt;
&lt;br/&gt;
This sounds startlingly like satire created by the anti-adoption movement.&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;br/&gt;
If you look at the hidden meaning, it will become clear the point they are trying to get across.&lt;/r&gt;

Ari2

PF Fiend
Jan 7, 2008
Mindy said:
This sounds startlingly like satire created by the anti-adoption movement.

If you look at the hidden meaning, it will become clear the point they are trying to get across.
It definitely satirizes the anti-adoption movement. But it also takes aim at all sorts of targets (e.g., homophobia, religious intolerance, PC talk about kids), which made it funny to me. :)

jtee

Banned
Jun 24, 2007
Mindy said:
This sounds startlingly like satire created by the anti-adoption movement.

If you look at the hidden meaning, it will become clear the point they are trying to get across.
I had not considered this. Good observation.

Ari is likely correct, the site is just going after a lot of different extreme positions. Personally I had never hard of "Anti-adoption moment" before. Is that for real?

Mindy

PF Addict
Feb 20, 2008
QC, Canada
Sorry Jtee, just say this now for some reason. Yes, it's very real. Unfortunately anti anything always gets a bad name. They have a lot of really important motives too... And it doesn't mean "anti-adoption" like completely, but more pro-family preservation and pro-adoption reform :)

Music-dad

PF Addict
Apr 22, 2008
Right here. Right now.
Mindy said:
Sorry Jtee, just say this now for some reason. Yes, it's very real. Unfortunately anti anything always gets a bad name. They have a lot of really important motives too... And it doesn't mean "anti-adoption" like completely, but more pro-family preservation and pro-adoption reform :)
I'm "anti-mosquitoe". Wanna join my cause?

I've also never heard of an anti-adoption movement. I'd have to say I'm against anti-adoption. I think adoption is a good thing.