Choice Mom...

Amberr

Sep 22, 2010
Hello Everyone..

I'm new so I wanted to drop a Hello.. I'm currently just TTC so I wanted to join a forum and see if anyone was going through similar experiences. I am a single choice mom so I will be going through alternative methods to have a baby. Really looking forward to the joys of parenthood and I hope it all works out for me.

:cute:

Amberr

Sep 22, 2010
a single mother by choice is a woman who has decided to have or adopt a child on her own. :)

Music-dad

PF Addict
Apr 22, 2008
Right here. Right now.
Amberr said:
a single mother by choice is a woman who has decided to have or adopt a child on her own. :)
Ok cool, that's what I thought, but was just checking...and I can respect that (in part).

I just saw a doc about single women adopting chidren, and I think it's awesome...the process is difficult, but those who make it through, really are deserving new Moms with certainly more than enough time and love to give.

Now in "having" a child, would this be like through a sperm bank?

If however, the woman chooses to find some unknowing stranger to knock her up, (like the song by Heart - All I Wanna Do) to me that is sinister...and I simply could not respect that.

If the guy knows and goes along with it, well it would be HIM who I could not respect....I know myself the answer would be a flat out "no dice, lady". I can't even fathom what type of guy would actually do this....no one I know, that's for sure.

Sorry if I'm being nosey.

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Welcome Amberr! Good luck with TTC!! My husband and I are TTC as well, so maybe we'll get lucky at the same time! ;)

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
Dadu2004 said:
Ewww...Xero is doing the nasty. :p
Well, in all fairness Dadu, probably not at the exact same moment she's posting...

(and you're all welcome for the visual)

and for the benefit of our new member, whose intro thread we've just derailed...sorry, and welcome...things like that happen here sometimes.

I'm Ray, 47 yo married dad to two boys (8yo and 3 yo) in Iowa.

Welcome! Look forward to seeing you post!

Amberr

Sep 22, 2010
Lol Can already tell this is a interesting group..

Yes. I plan on doing this through a sperm bank, I don't know if I could respect myself either by doing it another way other then adoption which is wonderful but going up to men and just getting pregnant for the sake of a baby would be wrong :p It's defiantly a hard process but something I would not go through if I wasn't prepared financially and didn't have support from family & friends cause that wouldn't be fair to the baby.. I just hope it works out. Ever since OCTOMOM women who go through any kind of fertility treatments most go through councilor, which is wonderful. Hopefully a way to weed out all the wackos.

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Dadu2004 said:
Ewww...Xero is doing the nasty. :p
Hmmm I guess I set myself up for that one LOL.

IADad said:
Well, in all fairness Dadu, probably not at the exact same moment she's posting...

(and you're all welcome for the visual)
.............Or AM I? :yikes::shocked::laugh:

Father_0f_7

PF Addict
Aug 19, 2008
F.I., Florida
ewwwwww
Anyway.
Welcome! I'm Christian (40) married to Amber (40)
We have 7 children: Megan (23), Dylan (18), Dane (17), Cassie (15), Jon (15), Billy (9), and Kaitlyn (9)
We also have a son-in-law: Trey (24)
a grandson: Marc (20 months)
and a granddaughter on the way: Rylee

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
Xero said:
.............Or AM I? :yikes::shocked::laugh:
well, I did say "PROBABLY not...." at least we'll know what happened the next time you post something with a typo....

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
Amberr said:
Lol Can already tell this is a interesting group..

Yes. I plan on doing this through a sperm bank, I don't know if I could respect myself either by doing it another way other then adoption which is wonderful but going up to men and just getting pregnant for the sake of a baby would be wrong :p It's defiantly a hard process but something I would not go through if I wasn't prepared financially and didn't have support from family & friends cause that wouldn't be fair to the baby.. I just hope it works out. Ever since OCTOMOM women who go through any kind of fertility treatments most go through councilor, which is wonderful. Hopefully a way to weed out all the wackos.

I'm glad to hear about counseling and that you have support. You know, back in the day when Hillary Clinton made her comment about it taking a "village to raise a child..." I thought B.S, it just takes good parents, but, you know it really does. It takes a heck of a lot of people, some playing very small roles, but essential ones none the less. I don't know what the right formula is for parenting, maybe there isn't one, but I'm glad to see you're going into this with your eyes wide open. You're probably in a better position than those who suddenly find themselves being parents and then have to figure out how to cope.

islakermom

Sep 24, 2010
Good Luck, to you, parenting is hard with 2 parents, double the work with just 1, make sure you have a good support system ie. family and friends, and you will do fine.