Christmas...

bssage

Super Moderator
Oct 20, 2008
Iowa
Well its that time of year.

Another topic that typically gets hot and heavy here at Parenting forums is the Does Santa come to your house? Rather than letting this topic derail other well intention'd threads. Lets just put this part of the holidays where it belongs. In the Debate section.

I am personally good with all religions or the lack there of. So if yours is different. Start a thread and share. I find that kind of stuff fascinating and I am sure others do also. Wether you are religious or not. The holidays are a time to take a break from work and reconnect with friends and family. Really i I really dont care what the reason is. If I can save money, See some old friends, or get time off work. Its all good.

Lets not turn others threads into religious debates.

akmom

PF Fiend
May 22, 2012
United States
I haven't engaged in this debate for decades. Personally I don't believe in Santa, but that is probably because I was raised to believe he wasn't real. Also, I'm not convinced that the anatomy of a reindeer is compatible with the physics of flight. But I'm interested to hear the arguments in favor of Santa's existence!

bssage

Super Moderator
Oct 20, 2008
Iowa
This thread is really kind of an advice thread. From lessons learned durring past "Parenting Forums" holiday seasons. I started a thread in the debate section to discuss the rightness or wrongness of Santa.

I just want the members to be able to share holiday stuff without worry.

So If you have holiday stuff that you like to share start a thread. Rock on.

akmom

PF Fiend
May 22, 2012
United States
We decorate a tree and put a wrapped gift under it for each child. Family members often give them gifts as well, but we have had to put limits on that, because some relatives get out of hand. (My mom once brought over a truck load of gifts, which spilled out from under the tree and all over the living room, and we just didn't have room in our little house for all the "stuff" they ended up getting.) We also like to tour neighborhoods to see all the decorations. Some neighborhoods are known for being particularly festive, so we always check them out! We also attend a Christmas concert. This will be my daughter's first year of being part of a Christmas concert, so there is that too.