CLEAN THE HOUSE-Your wife will love it...

Crandellfamily

Feb 11, 2014
I often get guys asking me, "Nick, you seem like you have such a great relationship with you wife, how do you do it?" The answer is simple my friends, CLEAN THE HOUSE, I know you are probably thinking, "no, I really don't want to." While neither does she so just man up and do it. The more you clean the house the more time your wife will have for you and the less stress she will have, the less nagging you will get and the better your marriage will be. It really is this simple, clean the house and make your marriage better.

Check out this video I made of me cleaning the house, my wife loves it when I do it and I get to reap the benefits: http://youtu.be/zfVwwrF6aMk

Be sure to follow us on Twitter, Facebook and YouTube at:
http://www.youtube.com/canadianfamilyvlog
http://www.twitter.com/canadianfamilyv
http://www.facebook.com/canadianfamilyvlog

singledad

PF Addict
Oct 26, 2009
South Africa
No, I'm not thinking that I don't want to, I'm thinking does this guy really believe that doing one simple thing is all it takes to make a relationship work?

Crandellfamily

Feb 11, 2014
LOL, I didn't say this is what will solve your relationship problems, I am just saying this one small thing (combined with other things) is a good step. Your wife will see that you recognize the hard work she puts into the housework and that you care enough to make her life a little easier.

This is what works for me and I am sure that it works for other people as well.

Try it...

akmom

PF Fiend
May 22, 2012
United States
My husband's way of cleaning anything makes me cringe. I can't imagine that it would improve our marriage if I came home and suddenly couldn't find anything. :)

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
My wife is the larger paycheck winner, so I do most of the cocking and cleaning. We work together. I do most of the laundry, she dusts, I clean bathrooms, etc. It takes a family effort. But frankly I don't see it as me doing it for her, we need this stuff done. Period.

cybele

PF Addict
Feb 27, 2012
Australia
IADad said:
so I do most of the cocking and cleaning.
One would hope.

My husband is a clean-freak, I am not. I'll say something is clean and he will come along and clean it again.

singledad

PF Addict
Oct 26, 2009
South Africa
Crandellfamily said:
LOL, I didn't say this is what will solve your relationship problems, I am just saying this one small thing (combined with other things) is a good step. Your wife will see that you recognize the hard work she puts into the housework and that you care enough to make her life a little easier.

This is what works for me and I am sure that it works for other people as well.

Try it...
I pay someone to clean the house.

I don't consider cleaning the house the woman's work. That is so Chauvinistic and so last century. It worked when women didn't have carreers, but times have changed.

When my gf does do something around the house, I thank her - A much simpler and more direct way to show that I appreciate it and don't take it for granted that she would do it, because it's her job.

I don't believe in artificial gestures. I believe that if you truly respect and appreciate someone, it will come naturally to show that person that you do. ;)

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
cybele said:
One would hope.

My husband is a clean-freak, I am not. I'll say something is clean and he will come along and clean it again.
well, MOST of it....TMI?

guess my Fruedian slip is showing.....

Crandellfamily

Feb 11, 2014
I can see that this is not something that works for everyone, it obviously works in my Family System but is not applicable to all Family Systems. My wife stays home and raises our children on a full time biases, she also runs a daycare during the day. She usually does most of the cleaning but she has identified to me that by helping out around the house it reliefs some of the stress that she gets throughout the day. I have heard from some of our other friends that this is a common theme. So on top of my other regular household chores I try to step it up and do additional housework to help out with my wife.

Thanks for the feedback on my original post but I still do believe that this is a useful tool, I would just caution people to talk about it with their wife and see if that is something that she would appreciate help with first.

cybele

PF Addict
Feb 27, 2012
Australia
Household structure would play a large role.

For us, both my husband and I work, plus we have a menagerie of teenagers and young adults, 4 who belong to us, plus 2 others who live here, well one officially lives here, the other is here about 5 nights a week, but he doesn't 'live' here officially, all of whom have arms and legs, therefore are capable of cleaning.

akmom

PF Fiend
May 22, 2012
United States
Well yeah, if she runs a daycare, then that's her job during the day. Just like you have a job during the day. So yeah, hopefully you pitch in somehow!

Funny I've never seen a business advertised as Daycare & Dry Cleaning. Yet in a home setting, apparently, one is expected to perform all sorts of unrelated tasks. Just a thought I had one day while trying to get everything done.

singledad

PF Addict
Oct 26, 2009
South Africa
Crandellfamily said:
I can see that this is not something that works for everyone, it obviously works in my Family System but is not applicable to all Family Systems.
And so you learn to problem with posting do this! It works for me so it will work for you!

Obviously it works for your family - good for you! Me, I'd rather psy someone because even though my gf is home at the moment, she has a 2 month old baby to look after, and I want her to be able to focus on him, rather than being busy with cleaning and ironing. And when I get home I want to spend time with my family, not work!

akmom said:
Akmom's Daycare, Dry Cleaning & Kennel!

I'll have to pitch that one to the husband.
Hey, that's awsome! I'd totally use that. Imagine - you drop off the kids, the laundry and the dog at the same place in the morning, and when you pick them up after work, that kid was looked after, the laundry is clean and ironed, and the dog has been walked... You could make for fortune! :biglaugh:

cybele

PF Addict
Feb 27, 2012
Australia
I applaud anyone who actually irons.

Is it terrible that I intentionally buy clothes that don't need to be ironed?

MamaRuthie

PF Enthusiast
Oct 2, 2013
melbourne
Im home all day and I don't work but I don't know if coming home and cleaning things would spark up our marriage much I would much prefer my husband to organise for us to go out for a nice dinner or something along those lines. I think if my husband cleaned I may get abit annoyed because I like things done my way lol

akmom

PF Fiend
May 22, 2012
United States
Hey, that's awsome! I'd totally use that. Imagine - you drop off the kids, the laundry and the dog at the same place in the morning, and when you pick them up after work, that kid was looked after, the laundry is clean and ironed, and the dog has been walked... You could make for fortune!
And yet... stay-at-home moms don't. That was kind of my point. I guess I didn't make it well!