Closed Old Threads...

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
You know how we have that old thread bumping rule that always bothers everybody? And how everybody always asks why we don't just close the old threads if we can't post in them? lol

Well, I finally went through the entire forum and closed all threads that have a last post date older than 90 days. :) So that should hopefully make things around here a little easier. I realize 90 days is still older than the rule technically, but we didn't want to cut it off too close. It will still be a LOT better because we've elmininated like 95% of the old threads that could be bumped to the top. This should make things a little easier for the any new members too. If sometime in the future we see it more beneficial for us to move the cut off a little closer, we might look into it. But for now this should hopefully improve the bumping situation a lot.

Also, I'm not sure if its going to happen or anything, but I did e-mail an administrator about possibly adding a step parenting subforum. :)

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Yeah lol I have done that before too, seen someone post on a thread and then reply thinking its recent. lol!

ElliottCarasDad

PF Addict
Sep 10, 2008
Iowa
I think that instead of admins replying to the old post bump that they should just delete the post and PM the offender. That way I dont even have to see it when I click on "New Posts". Just my 2 cents

NPRhead

PF Regular
May 8, 2010
I'm glad to see the lockdown. I'm new and have violated that term already, without meaning to. It would be great if there were an automatic mechanism for that, IMHO.

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Woo!! Check that out everyone! Thanks to mizfish, our friendly neighborhood administrator haha, we now have a brand new Step Parenting forum!! :)

That's a really good idea ECD, I might just start doing that! That would probably make things even easier. :) I never thought of it.

NPRhead - I completely agree, but we have tried before and do not have access to any programs that will do it automatically for us. The only way for them to be closed is by a moderator manually doing it. But trust me, I agree with you! :)

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
lol its funny, she isn't the one I e-mailed. She just happend to be checking the forum and she noticed this thread so she went ahead and did it! :) She's quick, right?